Soaps

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by xeri, Apr 10, 2010.

1. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Hi there searched for a soap topic but found none so hope it's ok.

Had to make a soap thread as long as I'm still on my newest soap-high and before the embarassment crawls back. :p

Yep I'm one of these people who would Neeeever watch a soap ( and I still can't get myself to watch whole epis ^^ )...but then I stumbled a couple years ago across the awesome craziness of some people on Youtube who upload clips for single charas/couples.
    And now I'm mutating every few weeks/months into a soap-junkie when the storyline get's interesting for me :alienblush:.

Anyone out there also fallen victim to the evil soap-powers ? ;)

2. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Ah Soap Operas :p

I grew up watching Days of Our Lives with my mother (during this time is when my Jensen Ackles crush began :p), I recently caught an episode ... oh god it's awful now.

During middle school, I watched Passions, I loved that one. It was a little different than what the normal Soaps were like and I liked that it was something different :lol:

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I grew up watching All my children, one life to live, and General hospital. I managed to escape them, though occassionally I will look up recaps. Only because most storylines go on for ages, I swear when I stopped watching them, one day I was flipping through about two yrs later and it looked like the same storyline was still going on. So now I just glance at recaps to see 1. who is still there, and 2. if the same storyline is going on, and if it involves the same people or same storyline rehashed with different people. lol.

As to the thread, its fine. ;)

4. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

*hrm* when you say what you watched growing up I have to take back my "never watched sopas" :alienblush:, 'cause I remember zapping into "St. Tropez" when I had time ^^ .

The first time I got interested again was when one of our new german soaps hyped about their own gay couple *g*
    And browsing Youtube never gets boring, so atm I watch Denniz/Roman clips from "all that matters" ( alles was zählt) ;
    after a break I got back to "as the world turns" , Luke/Reid is just fun :lol:
    And I'm bouncing on my toes waiting for the new season of "Física o química" with Fer/David ( thx for engl subs ;))....

5. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I used to be obsessed with Eastenders but I haven't sat and watched it in about five years now. I've seen the odd episode but it doesn't hook me like it used to. Same with Emmerdale, I have moments where I cannot miss what's going on in the 'Dale and others where I can't even stand watching it!

The only soap I watch on a regular basis now is Neighbours and that's only because it's always sunny.

6. hues

hues Victim

i am watching it regularly for last six month. it is very good show. but whenever i missed any episode then on Sunday i watch soaps online on my laptop.