So This Is What It Feels Like.... (H/Y) one-shot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Hrockz, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Author's note: Kudos to ch3r12y for that awesome photo manip on the H/Y thread. I got so inspired, the idea for a fic just sprang up in my head. It's kinda short but I hope you all enjoy it. It's written from both H and Yelina's POV. Here goes:

So this is what it feels like, to be in his arms. I feel so snug and warm, content..... and happy. After all these years of waiting, of my body aching and craving to be with him, I finally know what it feels like, and I am satisfied, very satisfied.

I feel the slow rise and fall of his chest behind me. I turn slowly in his arms, careful not to wake him. I study his sleeping form, so relaxed and at peace. Not like his doggedly determined self, the way he usually carries himself during the day. The face of compassion and determination has been replaced by one of innocence. He looks vulnerable even, at the same time wearing the slightest of grins, his lips up-turned, he looks happy, and oh so attractive.

The dim glow of the bedside lamp illuminates his hair, even in such low light his hair glows its usual red. A long day out in the field, coupled with our exertions just moments earlier has caused him to fall asleep almost immediately after he had rolled himself off me with a contented sigh.

I place a hand on his arm, stroking it gently, then move to his chest, feeling the rhythmic thump of his heart. I move my hand to his face, the face that had often filled my dreams. I almost pinch myself, to make sure I'm not dreaming. But I know this is all real.

His eyes flutter open, and those impossibly blue eyes look back at me. He smiles.

"Go back to sleep Horatio," I whisper, his name, just as I did moments earlier when he made me feel pleasure and happiness I thought I'd never feel again.

He smiles more and closes his eyes, drifiting back to sleep.

I turn again in his arms, reaching out to turn the bedside lamp off. Feeling once again the rise and fall of his chest against me. I am lulled into sleep.

So this is what it feels like... bliss.

----------------------------------------

So this is what it feels like, to have her in my arms. I feel happy. How did I ever deserve such happiness?
    I feel like the luckiest man on earth. Could life get any better? Of all the years I have held back and kept myself from getting too close to her, from telling her how I truely feel about her, I didn't know what I was missing. I like how this feels, I should've known better.

My arm is numb, from her sleeping on it the entire night, but I couldn't have been more content. Her soft curls splayed out over my arm and chest, the smell of lilies that is her hair is intoxicating.

I could watch her sleep forever. Just watching her takes my breath away. I notice a smile on her face.

This sun begins to rise, I have always been an early-riser, and the orange glow that begins to illuminate the room assures me this isn't a dream. This morning I'm not waking up to an empty apartment.

I study her curves as the rays of the morning sun kisses her body. She is the most beautiful woman I have ever set eyes on, and I have always been madly in love with her. The sheets wrapped loosely round us does little to hide her shapely form. I remember what it feels like to have her moving benneth me and I ache for more. How did I resist her, all these years?

I trace the outline of her upper arm with my finger, then move to her hips and down her leg. She begins to stir, I regret waking her.

She turns to face me and I look into her hazel eyes.

"Yelina," I whisper, just as I whispered her name into her ear last night. "Did you sleep well?"

She smiles and nods. I lean towards her and we kiss.

So this is what it feels like... bliss.

------------------------- THE END -----------------------

2. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Aww... I love it. Very well-written, and it's just too sweet for more words. Excellent job.

3. Patricia

Patricia Lab Technician

Loved it!:D
    Simple but perfect!!! :thumbsup:

4. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Well Hrockz, you have outdid yourself again...this story was so well done. Is it just me or can you get a visual of this in your mind or what?:devil:

5. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

This is great writing HRocks :thumbsup: Cant wait to read more!

6. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

that was just great Hrockz,liked very much

7. HoratioandYelina

HoratioandYelina Rookie

Aww that was awesome! I love it!