Smith And Fishburne Are 'A Good Fit'

CSI Files

Captain
<font color=yellow>George Eads</font> (Nick Stokes) enjoys working with the newest members of the <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I> cast.<p>Now that <font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font> (Sara Sidle), <font color=yellow>Gary Dourdan</font> (Warrick Brown) and <font color=yellow>William Petersen</font> (Gil Grissom) have left <I>CSI</I>, things have changed on screen and off. The remaining original cast members have been joined by <font color=yellow>Lauren Lee Smith</font> (Riley Adams) and <font color=yellow>Laurence Fishburne</font> (Dr Raymond Langston). Eads likes the atmosphere both actors bring to the set. "I think Lauren and Laurence, just are really cool people, they're a good fit," he told <A class="link" HREF="http://television.aol.com/">AOL</a>.<p>"Laurence Fishburne's a dream," the actor said. "I feel like he raises our integrity level." Eads commented that Fishburne brings "a lot of humility" with him when he goes to work. Telling the older actor what to do is "like teaching Superman how to fly," Eads revealed. "But he said 'Hey, I came in to play, baby.' That's cool, I love it."<p>Eads also had good things to say about Smith. He mentioned an early morning shoot with the actress, remarking that she "had a great attitude." At the end of the day, Eads told her, "I miss Jorja, but having you here, not being a diva, not being insecure, just doing a good job and being a really sweet person … We're lucky to have you."<P>The actor said he's not planning to leave <I>CSI</I> any time soon, even with the "loss of innocence" his character has suffered lately. "I think it's more interesting to see how some people don't quit, and maybe that adverse circumstances and tragedy in [a person's life] help mold them to be an even more beautiful person," Eads explained. "It definitely makes him more of an interesting character. I think Nick's found a stillness. And I kind of like playing it ... so much more exciting and interesting than my own life. [Laughs] And they're getting excited about writing for me, and that feels good."<p>The original interview is from <A class="link" HREF="http://television.aol.com/insidetv/2009/03/03/14-questions-with-george-eads/">AOL TV</a>. Thanks to <font color=yellow>goldencougarwolf</font>.<center></center>

Ah the touchy AOL article...My friend just asked me if I've heard the rumor that George Eads called Jorja Fox a diva.

I actually read the interview last week and I think it was just misinterpreted.

George said he missed working with Jorja but he never ever called her a diva. What he said was that he was glad Lauren Lee Smith (who plays newbie Riley) wasn't a diva.

My take on it was that many Jorja fans just took it out of proportion and misinterpreted what George said. I actually found his honesty to be a breath of fresh air. His candidness was quite refreshing. Why crucify George for his frankness? So I don't know why some Jorja fans took offense. Some are just too obsessed. That one was taking it to the extreme. Some just really need to sit back and just chill out for a moment. I'm a Jorja fan myself but I didn't get the impression that George called her a diva. He never called her one. Period. End of story.

One more thing to consider about this interview, remember that this is print media. I know for a fact that anything printed in newspapers, magazines or the internet is not always 100% accurate...Believe me I know how inaccurate media can be. They can always edit an interview to reflect what they actually want to get across to readers. Call it manipulation or distortion to get that shock factor.

Ah the touchy AOL article...My friend just asked me if I've heard the rumor that George Eads called Jorja Fox a diva.

I actually read the interview last week and I think it was just misinterpreted.

George said he missed working with Jorja but he never ever called her a diva. What he said was that he was glad Lauren Lee Smith (who plays newbie Riley) wasn't a diva.

My take on it was that many Jorja fans just took it out of proportion and misinterpreted what George said. I actually found his honesty to be a breath of fresh air. His candidness was quite refreshing. Why crucify George for his frankness? So I don't know why some Jorja fans took offense. Some are just too obsessed. That one was taking it to the extreme. Some just really need to sit back and just chill out for a moment. I'm a Jorja fan myself but I didn't get the impression that George called her a diva. He never called her one. Period. End of story.

One more thing to consider about this interview, remember that this is print media. I know for a fact that anything printed in newspapers, magazines or the internet is not always 100% accurate...Believe me I know how inaccurate media can be. They can always edit an interview to reflect what they actually want to get across to readers. Call it manipulation or distortion to get that shock factor.

Oooh boy, they posted this story.:eek: I just hope people here can be a little more civil with the 'diva' comment.:(

^^Someone e-mailed it to me. I probably wouldn't have come across it otherwise.

Hopefully, everybody here can keep their cool (especially since it's been about a week since the interview originally came out). :)

I view the "diva" comment the same way mandy9578 does - regardless of how Jorja acted, Lauren could have come in and behaved in a certain way. George is glad she didn't behave that way. Jorja chose to leave, and they're glad the person who came in to replace her adds something positive to the show. That's how I see it, anyway. :)

mandy9578 said:

One more thing to consider about this interview, remember that this is print media. I know for a fact that anything printed in newspapers, magazines or the internet is not always 100% accurate...Believe me I know how inaccurate media can be.
Exactly - plus, you never know how he said any of it. Tone can be hard to convey in a written interview, especially one where you just see a question and then a big text block of an answer.

Hopefully, everybody here can keep their cool (especially since it's been about a week since the interview originally came out). :)

I view the "diva" comment the same way mandy9578 does - regardless of how Jorja acted, Lauren could have come in and behaved in a certain way. George is glad she didn't behave that way. Jorja chose to leave, and they're glad the person who came in to replace her adds something positive to the show. That's how I see it, anyway. :)

I viewed it the same way as you guys when I first read it, but somehow the comment got misintreprted and war broke out on other sites over it. Really sad, but my signature at the bottoms says it all.

mandy9578 said:

One more thing to consider about this interview, remember that this is print media. I know for a fact that anything printed in newspapers, magazines or the internet is not always 100% accurate...Believe me I know how inaccurate media can be.
Exactly - plus, you never know how he said any of it. Tone can be hard to convey in a written interview, especially one where you just see a question and then a big text block of an answer.

That's the whole reason why I can't figure it out. :confused: I don't think he said anything against Jorja in it (And lets face it, from reading other sites that's the only one people are talking about.). To me all he said is that he was glad Lauren came in and didn't act like she was better. Could it have been worded better - probably. But you can't tell me that when you talk in an interview that you're thinking about the exact words you're saying and how they'll come across in print.

Susan

That's the whole reason why I can't figure it out. :confused: I don't think he said anything against Jorja in it (And lets face it, from reading other sites that's the only one people are talking about.). To me all he said is that he was glad Lauren came in and didn't act like she was better. Could it have been worded better - probably. But you can't tell me that when you talk in an interview that you're thinking about the exact words you're saying and how they'll come across in print.
I think the misintrepration came out having the word 'diva' and 'Jorja' in the same sentence, and when some of the fans read the sentence they automatically assumed George was calling Jorja a diva. Wheras others simply disected the sentence and read it as George saying he was glad Lauren came in and didn't act like a diva after Jorja left. He was probably worried about a new person coming onto the set after working with someone for so long and establishing a relationship with them.

And it was probably difficult for George to work with people who were not into the show. I worked at a humane society where the Fundraising Manager was so soured by the time she left, she walked out on her own walk-a-thon and left us scrambling.

George had a lot of enthusiasm left for the show, while the others were simply at a point where they were mentally done with it. It was a conundrum for all the actors-enthusiastic actor versus jaded actors. And this not criticism towards the ones who left, they couldn't help how they felt, but neither could George who still trying to keep the show going.

Just my opinion and I hope no one takes my comments as criticism towards Jorja, Billy and Gary-again they couldn't help how they felt towards the end of their run, when you're done, you're done.

i would be surprised if Lauren behaved like a diva b/c, not to be mean here, she doesn't have any reason to. lol. she has been in a few movies and some random TV shows but she's far from international stardom. she's young, quite pretty, talented, has potential (although i feel like she talks way too slowly/carefully, and English is not my first language), so there could be a successful future for her. but coming as a subsitute to a 9 year old show and not being a diva about it, shouldn't really be something others are in awe of.

ETA:
It was a conundrum for all the actors-enthusiastic actor versus jaded actors. And this not criticism towards the ones who left, they couldn't help how they felt, but neither could George who still trying to keep the show going.
see, i don't think they were 'jaded'. Billy, for example, has always been known (and says so himself) as easily bored. he felt that, as an artist, there was little challenge left, and the job was becoming too comfortable.

i think that being an actor, or any other kind of an artist, is a little deeper than most jobs that serve mostly to earn money. if you were a very talented painter with world-wide fame, would you agree to painting different versions of the same work over and over and over, but for a crazy amount of money? i would. but for how long? if you do it for years and finally come to a point when you have earned an enormous amount of cash, would you still do it? i wouldn't. instead, i would go and do whatever i want even if i won't earn anything for it.

they earned that money for a reason. in Billy's case he has probably so much, that he can invest it, and earn even just as much as if he was working on CSI. with that money, he bought himself a life he wants to have.

i think George has high ambitions and that's always good. i feel like he wants to become the male lead, and will still be on the show after Laurence leaves.

Last edited:
Lauren Lee Smith is brand new, and of course she wouldn't be a "diva", and I also don't think he [George] was refering to Jorja in that context, they're real life friends. And Jojra Fox's whole persona is that exact opposite ot that word, she's a down to earth girl, a vegetarian and fights for many causes which I might add 'diva's' don't participate in. And so far, this character to me is a bit dull and boring, and doesn't seem to have the sparkling personailty, nor the acting ability that Jorja had, my opinion so far. I remember that Ronnie character who was charming sweet and had a up-beat screen presence, she was zapped after 4 episodes:confused:, we'll see how this girl does after a few more months or years as the case will be! An on LF, he's a classy, cool guy a real gentleman, which one doesn't see that much anymore, he's well suited for this role and hats off the the CSI folks who picked him the ratings are sill up there, over 20 mill. last week, I think because fans are impressed with his style!

Last edited:
Wow, I'm surprised this interview caused controversy! I certainly don't see it as George calling Jorja a diva, or even how it could be interpreted that way given that he started the sentence by saying he missed her. I think he was just complimenting Lauren while mentioning that he still missed working with Jorja.

I agree, some people misunderstood what George said, it´s great tha they get on well, which makes things easier.

Wow, I'm surprised this interview caused controversy! I certainly don't see it as George calling Jorja a diva, or even how it could be interpreted that way given that he started the sentence by saying he missed her. I think he was just complimenting Lauren while mentioning that he still missed working with Jorja.

You're not the only one Top, when I read it that part went over my head.:lol: It wasn't until the explosion of reaction that I thought, what the heck, maybe I read it wrong:lol:. Maybe I'm blind or senile. Turns out I was right. But I'm still senile!

Back