Sinise, Ward & Elliott Contemplate A 'CSI:NY' Love Triangle

CSI Files

Captain
CSI: New York introduced David James Elliott as Russ Josephson, the ex-husband of newcomer Jo Danville (Sela Ward), in “To What End?” earlier this season—but is there a love triangle in the cards? (Embedded video after the jump!) Jo wasn’t thrilled to see her ex-husband in the New York Crime Lab, but Russ has lingering [...]

More...

I don't think it should be called a 'triangle' unless there's some sort of attraction on all three sides. Until I see homoerotic tension between Mac and Russ, I won't be satisfied. *twiddles thumbs and waits patiently* ;)

Actually, forget that. Russ can just watch while Jo dominates the heck out of Mac and Flack (simultaneously). No touchy, Russ! :D :D :D

Mac/Jo/Flack/Russ FTW.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more of Russ. Depending how his next episode goes, and if there's a season 8, I think I would like to see him on a more series regular basis.

Just go easy on us already. We're still in deep pain over what happened last year and are not adapting fast enough to accept this paradigm. The Mac/Peyton/Aubrey triangle was hard enough to stomach.

Last edited:
I don't want a triangle simply because it was crystal clear in the first DJE appearance that Jo had no interest in Russ. Don't suddenly make her be wishy washy and change her mind.

I doubt that we will see anything like this, honestly. Sela Ward is use to acting in more character based shows, so she is good at flirting and adding some nice character moments. I'm good with that as I like her and I like her character. But, Sinise doesn't seem to be into any type of romantic storyline with Ward, so I doubt it will go any further. I think they'll probably bring back one of his other love interests at some point.

I would love for them to continue the Jo/Russ relationship, on-again/off-again, or whatever, and have Russ as a recurring guest. Okay, I admit I just like seeing DJE! Plus, he and Ward have great chemistry.

Back