She'll Be Back

CSI Files

Captain
Catherine isn't going anywhere just yet.<p>During season eight, <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I> lost two original characters: <font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font> (Sara Sidle) left midway through the season, and <font color=yellow>Gary Dourdan</font> (Warrick Brown) made his exit in the season finale. With the cast down by two, and contracts up for renegotiation, there was a question if other actors on the show would be taking their leave as well.<p>Back in April, CSI Files <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/010408_01.shtml">reported</a> that <font color=yellow>William Petersen</font> (Gil Grissom) had signed a contract to remain on <I>CSI</I> through at least the 2008-2009 season (albeit with plenty of "out" clauses). Co-star <font color=yellow>Marg Helgenberger</font> (Catherine Willows) had to decide how to proceed when her own contract ran out. As <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/160208_01.shtml">reported</a> back in Feburary, Helgenberger plans to finish what she started.<p>According to <A class="link" HREF="http://www.tvsquad.com/">TV Squad</a>, <A class="link" HREF="http://www.usatoday.com/">USA Today</a> has confirmed that Helgenberger will stay with <I>CSI</I> a while longer. She signed a new contract to keep her character on the show for two more years. Helgenberger is reportedly the last original cast member to re-up her contract.<p>The original news is from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/05/15/marg-helgenberger-renews-csi-contract/">TV Squad</a>.<center></center>

So we know Robert, William and Marg renewed their contracts, but there hasn't been any indication that George, Eric or Paul re-did their deals yet. Have I missed it or am I just being stupid. lol.

Yeah, I wondered about that. I don't know, but the article says she's the last original actor to re-up. :confused:

So we know Robert, William and Marg renewed their contracts, but there hasn't been any indication that George, Eric or Paul re-did their deals yet. Have I missed it or am I just being stupid. lol.

If you are, I am too! Other than that article stating that Marg is the last original cast member to re-up her contract, I haven't seen anything in writing on George, Eric or Paul. I'm taking for granted that they have signed since we haven't seen any stories on them not signing like we did with Gary. And George, at least, did say that he was going to stay until the end. :)

Susan

blackflag is right about the other cast, if we didn't see it then it must be private for them not to said it. Marg is the last one to re-up her contract then George, Eric and Paul probably re-up their the same time as Billy did and they not said anything. Robert Halls is stay for 3 more years.

I'm like everyone else glad that Marg is staying on :) but I'm more tickled pink to hear that she's the last to sign on because that means George has definitely signed on :thumbsup: I'm also thrilled to her that she has faith enough in the show to sign on for another 2 years :) The way you hear it from some fans the show will be finished next year. It's just nice to hear she thinks it has at least another 2 years in it. I do wonder how long George has signed on for. I do agree with what blackflag said about George being in it for the long haul. He's stated it on numerous times :) and with GE being a private person I doubt we will hear it from him.

I have no doubt that the show will last for more than just 9 years, but I was a bit surprised that Marg re-sighed for two more years because from her recent interviews, you got the feeling that she probably wouldn't stay after wrapping up Catherine's storyline in season 9. Hmmm could it be what happened to Gary Dourdan that had her re-think and change her mind? Anyway, it's nice to know that I get to watch her on my TV regularly for two more years. Also great that the other cast members have re-newed their contracts, too.

Great news that Marg has signed for another 2 years! :D And, if it is correct that she is the last to resign, then yay for everyone else too! Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Great news that Marg has signed for another 2 years
Meh, personally i'd have been just as happy if Cath was written out.

Why's that?

I'm glad she's back. Cath's always been a strong character and I don't think we see that on the shows so much. It's most certainly becoming more common, though I'm still one who thinks the standard 'damsel in distress' is over shown. The CSI franchise has done very well with that though, for the most part.

I'd be interested to know why you'd rather she go Ceindreadh, you didn't give any reasons.

It's nice to see the others that have signed on coming back too. I think they'll stop after ten, personally. I don't know if they'd be pushing it if they went further than that.

LOL with Sara and Warrick gone and Grissom being absent for some time during the next season, Catherine, being the leading female, is the most unlikely to be written out. In contrast, I think TPTB would do anything they could to keep Marg.

I agree Erica, with all the changes it will be hard to keep the characters, especially Catherine, who have been pused back lately from stepping up. And to me that is a great thing since they all have unique qualities and deserve to be in the spot light.

Back