Season 9 Ratings

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 29, 2012.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

TV By the Numbers has ratings up for last night's premiere. All I can say is, "Ouch."

CSI: NY 1.3 in the demo and 8.999 million viewers.

For comparison, the series premiere of Made in Jersey had a 1.1 in the demo and 7.744 viewers and Blue Bloods got a 1.5 in the demo and 11.106 million viewers.

I think putting NY on an hour earlier and splitting up NY and Blue Bloods was a mistake, but I guess time will tell.

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah, I wonder how long until they move it back to 9. I can't see CBS sticking with MIJ for very long. I've even heard some shows are on the bubble already.

3. ~Sunny~

~Sunny~ Witness

Is it an time slot issue? They must had have reasons to move the show. Our German CSI NY starts always at 8 pm and it's the perfect time because it is aired at 0:30 am the next day.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I don't think the ratings are soley a time slot issue. They were up from last season's finale but down from last season's premiere. I just don't think an earlier time slot and splitting up NY and Blue Bloods helps any and at this point they need all the help they can get if TPTB are not looking at and writing this as the last season.

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I don't remember seeing too many ads about it moving to 8.

6. ~Sunny~

~Sunny~ Witness

Just a short Question: what does TPTB mean?

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

The Powers That Be. When we use that term it means CBS and show producers.

8. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

The new timeslot IMO was a bad idea. :( Since it survived and pulled off another Harry Houdini for another year, I am now willing to give it a chance again after a brutal, and hellish recovery from 2010.

But because of it's current timeslot being when I have to work, I am unable to enjoy it due to my current work schedules.

This rating of 1.3 this early is not good, with not even 9 million viewers. But then again, like I said earlier, it pulled off another Harry Houdini and let's hope they pan out the season well. :)

9. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I think last season was a choice of looking at $$$ and seeing which CSI show would be cheaper to produce,Miami or NY.
    I really think this is NY's last season. I've seen it with Cold Case,WIthout A Trace etc. You get one reprieve but you won't get a second one.

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm glad it was up a bit in the demo, and the viewers weren't down very much from the finale ("Near Death" had 9.03 million, 1.1/4) - so from my perspective, it was pretty consistent with last season's finale, which wasn't great but still, at least it didn't drop like a stone. /trying to be optimistic. :p

Also, looking at the breakdown here, there was a significant bump in viewers at the half-hour (although the demo stayed the same). I always consider it a good sign when people tune in at the half-hour instead of tuning out. (Whether that's actually a sign of anything is a different story, that's just how I see it. :lol:)

Being sandwiched between CSI:NY and Blue Bloods doesn't seem to have done Made in Jersey much good. I'd prefer to have NY back at 9, but I doubt that would affect the ratings much.

11. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

Actually, NY has gotten two reprieves. It was very close to being cancelled in May 2011, but CBS realized that it couldn't make as much money with a new show or by moving another show to Friday than if it just stuck with NY on such a low viewership night.

I don't think there will be a third, however. If the original CSI's rating don't show some improvement, look for CBS to cancel NY and move the mothership back to Friday in the timeslot where it first premiered.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  12. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Didn't realize that in 2011 it came close to being canceled as well.

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Made in Jersey totally bombed. I expect they'll end up moving NY back to 9 at some point--maybe swapping the two would be a good idea, if they don't yank Made in Jersey altogether.

14. ~Sunny~

~Sunny~ Witness

I am surprised that the ratings in Germany are much better than in the US. The Nielsen Company is prviding the data too. We had 11% for the season 8 premiere...

15. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Oh, man that "Made in Jersey" was just poop. That will be toast by week ten. Move CSINY back to it's original time slot behind Blue Bloods and they will have a decent block of crime programming for that night.