Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dardeile

Dardeile CSI Level One

Warrick is gonna be the "rock" of the lab? Oh, I'm happy about that. Considering he's been the one with less screentime...I'm glad.

So, I suppose they finally left out the idea of the gambling problem. Thank God. I want my Warrick without that crap.

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Keppler was never going to replace Grissom as far as supervisor, that is going to be Catherine's job. He is just another CSI there to help them out (as unneccessary as it is) Don't think Warrick will be supervising, . Catherine was just out of town with Nick at the time and he could not find her, so he went to Warrick.

3. Dardeile

Dardeile CSI Level One

Ok, but if they say (in the article) that Gil tells so to Warrick..I, too, think Catherine should be the one to replace Grissom, don0t get me wrong, because due to seniority et all...But..Oh, well, I stopped trying to figure out what T_TB were thinking AGES ago.

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Warrick the 'rock' of the lab. Hardly, he's hardly there.

No offense, but if Grissom wants to leave the lab to someone it should be Catherine with Nick in tow.

But TTPTB's logic has always been..illogical.
    JMHO is all.

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Catherine IS being appointed as Supervisor. In another episode, it's very clear that she's the one in charge, because she hands out assignments and tells Warrick to take the perimeter. I think Grissom was telling Warrick that he was the man behind the team - sort of like the heart of the team, if not the brain.

In the past, Grissom has left the Night Shift to Warrick and even seemed to be hinting that he was grooming him as his replacement. Considering the script was written by Carol M., it's possible this is a throw-back to that.

6. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

I completely agree with you. Grissom is not saying that Warrick is like the head of the team, I think he means, as you said, that he is like the backbone or heart. I mean, he's a pretty neutral guy that is there for anybody needing anything. They all have different roles they play within the team, and that's Warrick's.

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Got this from BTA. Spoilers for 'Sweet Jane', officialy from CBS:

So I guess 'Redrum' will air after Sweet Jane. :rollseyes:

8. speakerset

speakerset Lab Technician

As much as I may miss Grissom for a few episodes..this epi sounds very interesting, the spoilers came out about it a long time ago..so it's almost fresh again for me, I didn't know Ned Beatty was in this epi..it really should be good.

9. Dardeile

Dardeile CSI Level One

Hey, but that's really sad not reading Billy's name in that list.

10. speakerset

speakerset Lab Technician

It is, but he'll be back, so that at least makes it not so bad.

11. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

so who's taking Grissom's job while he's gone? in my mind it should be Catherine but it sounds like its gonna be Warrick.

12. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

as far as i heard its cath.

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Please remember that spoilers and ep descripts are done in a summery, or partial, as we tend to do use whole or part in the regular ep discussion thread, BTW the futon critic has that samething up already.

Speaking of what and when Schedules:

12/28/06 "The Unusual Suspect" (Repeat)
    1/4/07 8:00pm "Spellbound" (Repeat)
    1/4/07 9:00pm "Leaving Las Vegas" (NEW)
    1/11/07 "Fannysmackin'" (Repeat)
    1/18/07 "Sweet Jane" (NEW)

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Sorry. It was some spoilers, that had a cast list and such and not everyone looks at the Futon Critic. And I was also letting everyone know that Redrum was not before 'Sweet Jane', that's why I posted it. :D Sorry if there's some confusion on my part.

So, we have a new episode, then a repeat again? Ugh. Haven't we seen Unusual Suspect too many times as well? I'm getting season 6 on DVD for Xmas and I guess I'll just skip it. :lol:

I just got Fannysmackin on my iPod today from iTunes, so no need for rewatching that either.

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Agreed. I think Grissom always wanted Warrick to replace him in the early days (I think he assumed Marg would naturally get the dayshift or something) because Warrick wasn't the type of guy to be siding with the evidence "he" wanted, or swayed by certain kinds of victims.

Which may be why Grissom was so hard on him in Random Acts of Violence.

Either way - Warrick's neutrality means that he doesn't get the best lines or the best scenes. And so he's easily overlooked, I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.