Season 4 episode based on real case?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSI808, Mar 16, 2009.

1. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

If anyone watches "Forensic Files" I caught the episode "Photo Finish" earlier tonight and the case was almost uncanny to the season 4 episode "After The Show." I was amazed at how similar the actual episode and case were. Here's a link to the yahoo tv show description... sorry it's a crappy description but if you are able to catch it was good.

http://tv.yahoo.com/forensic-files/show/photo-finish/episode/96315

2. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Yes, most of the CSI episodes are based on real-life stories.
    For this one, Marg was even on Oprah's show a few years ago with CSI tech advisor Liz Devine, as well as Linda Sobek's mother, talking about this case.

also -
    "Burked" was based on the Ted Binion case
    Nick's case in "Eleven angry jurors" with the woman incinerated in a barrel, was based on the Charlotte Grabbe case (which I saw a few months ago on Forensics Files)

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Katherine Ramsland has a book out about the inspirations. I think it's called Real Stories of CSI.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's MacsGirlMel for that book info. sounds riveting, I love true stories and true crime particulary, I'll look for it either on-line or at my local bookstore:thumbsup:

5. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

Thanks for all the info everyone... I knew some episodes were based on real cases. Like a bunch of season one episodes were based on cases my professor worked on. I'll check out that Katerine Ramsland book when my tax return gets in! Thanks again!