Season 13 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, May 9, 2012.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

So I wonder if there are any episodes left to let Nick have a good one (that isn't a fluffy dog episode).

2. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

I'd like Nick to have a good storyline too
    but it's quite good that Sara will have one this year. Nick had a strong storyline last 4 years which was not the case of Sara, so everyone have to wait his turn ;)

3. Smokey

I'm just saying that this season seems like there are some personal stories for everyone so far...Greg and that girl with the album, Finn and her ex, DB and his son and grand-daughter, Sara and her old friend and her Grissom issues and now her mom...and Nick got a hint of a girlfriend on the phone and a dog.

4. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

I've watched every CSI ever shown, except one, more than once. I've completely missed Nick's storyline. Can you tell me what it was?

5. monketsharona

You can't deny Nick had a huge screen time during Langston years contrary to certain characters (Catherine, Greg, Sara...)
    Season 13 is the first season for a long time in which Nick has a less important screen time
    When I am talking about storyline I think about Nick's big episodes and he had a lot of it since season 9 ;)

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

As for Nick's screentime during the Langston years, all I can say it was about time.

Nick brings in ratings. His episodes always have high ratings. Others don't.

Nick has had no storyline over a season, as others have, including Sara & Greg.

Also, for the Langston years, there are many rumors going around that George was the only willing to work with Fishburne, so it could be only for that reason he got more screen time.

After Fishburne left, George has barely gotten anything (not counting the first 1/2 of last season as his father was very sick and he should have spent time with him).

Sara has had story lines and continuity every since she's been on the show. And I'm sorry, but the writer's are crazy with her and Grissom having strife. She's the one who wanted Grissom, she's the one who followed him around like a love sick puppy, she's the one who gave him an ultimatum. Grissom is the one that gave up everything to go be with her and then she leaves him. She has no right to be upset over the long distance relationship. Go back to your husband. Why doesn't She sacrifice for once?

Now granted it's the writer's craziness as there is no reason that Grissom couldn't be living in Vegas with her and they don't have to have scenes where people say things like 'oh you just missed Grissom'. That is a very poor excuse by tptb to not have Grissom in Vegas.

No I'm not saying Sara doesn't deserve to have a story line or anyone else, but Nick has had none. He's had just episodes. He is long over due and tptb said we would see him struggling with his decision to quit and coming back and we have seen nothing of that. Tptb always say they have these plans for Nick and never follow through.

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

The Mayans are right: the world will end tomorrow, because I'm about to agree with (most of) what speedy has said. And we both know that we have had our differences in the past. :)

I don't necessarily agree with the ratings comment about Nick's episodes, because most of the characters have had their share of popular episodes, and I certainly don't want to rehash the debacle that was the LF years.

But, I tend to agree with the lack of compelling Nick storylines. He has had a lot of screen time, but screen time does not necessarily equate with memorable storylines.

Nick has had some decent storylines, but other than Grave Danger, nothing very powerful, and obviously that one is hard to match. His story arcs have been shorter. He had the McKeen storyline (twice), the Beiber storyline, Warrick's son; in the early seasons he had the hooker, the stalker; and he has had an occasional date/GF, but nothing that has stuck. With all these personal storylines and relationships this season, I suspect he will get something more than a dog.
    There are 7 more episodes after the Sara heavy one, so maybe Nick will get more in those.

And thank you, speedy, for agreeing with most of us GSR fans that Grissom can be living with his wife without being seen, if Jorja wants to stay with the show. Or, at the very least, indicate that he comes home once in a while. And it's not something that has to be mentioned frequently. I'm anxious to meet Sara's mother, and a Sara-centric episode is always a plus for me, but I'm not looking forward to the recycled GSR angst. The writers have spent 10+ years showing us that Grissom and Sara belong together, withstanding all their trials and tribulations; and now they seem to want to throw it all away. It's mindboggling, and frustrating, to say the least.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  8. Smokey

:lol:

Agreed! No one is saying the others shouldn't have their episodes or don't deserve them, but goodness...the way the writers are seeming to focus on each character this season, you'd think there would be something for Nick too. :(

9. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

That's true, even though we got a lot of Nick for a few seasons in a row he hasn't had a solid storyline for a very long while. Considering that even Morgan, Finn and DB got their own 'full time' episodes, Nick deserves his own too this season. The one with the dog was cute, but there wasn't any particular character development apart from the girlfriend mention. But at the pace this season is going with character-centred stories, I'm sure there will be a good Nick episode soon.

10. BuckySweets

BuckySweets Civilian

Hi,
    Anyone know if Enrique Murciano(Carlos Moreno) will appear in any more episodes?? He did an amazing job in "Wildflowers"-but he hasnt been featured or mentioned any further...why re-introduce him and have him supposedly being involved with Finlay--but then drop that storyline..?? I hope CSI wouldnt do that!!

11. Smokey

I would love to see him again! :drool: Especially working with Nick. :) But...yeah...the writers have a history of dropping storylines, so I don't know.

12. monketsharona

I don't know for Murciano but Alex Carter will be back in episode 11 ;)

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

He got a little busy with 666 Park Ave, but now that he's somewhat freed up a bit, there may be another appearance from him this season. The writers like him.

14. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I noticed there's another repeat this week -_- do new episodes start airing the 9th??

15. Smokey

TV Guide shows the Peoples Choice Awards on the 9th, so I guess not. :(

In the meantime, "Play Dead" is scheduled to repeat this week, so the thread has been moved up here for discussion. :)