Season 12 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Solitaire, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

So, the new season starts here in the UK next Tuesday (13th March) in its usual slot at 9pm.

Its seems ages since the last season. I am interested to see what Ted Danson will bring to the show. I have heard good things, so I have high hopes. I was really sick Of Ray by the end, so I am glad he has gone. Its a shame because I thought Ray was introduced really well, but then the whole character just went wrong :rolleyes: Hopefully TPTB have learnt their lesson.

2. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

I'm really looking forward to this season. In fact I got in to training for it over the weekend by watching Ted Danson in 3 Men and a Baby :)

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I really enjoyed the episode. I thought D.B was introduced very well- Nick's reaction was funny, when he saw him laid out on the tram. I like the fact that DB is quirky, and the others dont know how to take him.
    Im hoping theres not going to be another 'Ecklie splits the team up' drama. That was what seemed to be implied when they were watching Nick talking to the brother.
    Hmm, so some tension between Nick and Cath. I think that was played well. Im not suprised she is annoyed about the LA stuff and being demoted. It does seem that Ray has been let off rather lightly. I thought it odd that it was implied that he and Gloria will get back together- she has just lost her new husband in a horrific manner, would she really go rushing back into a relationship with Ray? But I suppose that was ll sorted out neatly enough.
    2 cases! I like it when they do that, it gives the whole cast more of a chance at equal screentime. Although the b case wasnt much, it was good to hear about Greg's Norwegian cousins.
    Hopefully the rest of the season will continue the way it has begun.

4. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

I'm only halfway through the first episode, but I like how they've introduced DB. Its kind of disarming that hes a bit strange, but in the background I like how they've made out he has an alterior motive for being there. The little chat with Eckley when hes watching Nick in the interview room. Then his chat with Nick leaves him in no doubt whos now in charge.

5. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Disaster, my sky+ box broke meaning I had to erase everything on there to reset it. So I've missed the 2nd half of episode 1.

6. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

You'll be able to watch it on Channel 5's website until tomorrow night I believe.

7. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Thanks. I finished it last night. Not a bad start to the series really. I suppose the tensions between Catherine and Nick are all in the lead up to her leaving the show. As is normal with any new series of CSI I have to dig deep to remember what happened in the last episode of the previous season!

8. lea

lea Police Officer

I really enjoyed tonights episode "Tell Tale Hearts".
    Thought the storyline was really good. I am really liking Ted Danson. Great addition to the show. Not sure if I'll get lynched for this, but I prefer him to Ray :eek:.
    I wasn't sure whether we were supposed to feel sorry for the peeper guy or hate him for peeping and possibly being a paedophile though???

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I missed the epi, so will have to catch up with it tonight.
    No, I doubt you will get lynched for prefering DB to Ray- I dont think Ray was very popular, by the end anyway. I thought Laurence Fishburne acted it well, but the character took over the screentime too much and he seemed so dark and gloomy, he didnt really fit the show very well. Maybe if he had been brought in as the boss it wouldnt have been so bad.

10. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

I dunno, DB seems very quirky at the moment and I think will take a little time to bed in. I think they are going down a similar road to Grissom in that respect, (a boss who can be quirky and eccentric).

Last weeks episode, tell tale hearts was it? Reminded me of Murder on the Orient Express in that it was actually everyone questioned who was involved.

So far so good in this season, even if the killer was a little predictable in this weeks episode.

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Yes, it was abit prdictable, but still enjoyable. Good to see the emotional impact on Sara, loved the scene where she told Gina's neighbours about her past!

12. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Just watched the mobster episode. Quite strange how DB and Greg went to the church at the end with no back up or weapons drawn, not knowing who they would face there. But it as enjoyable overall, even if the second case with the maid robbing the penthouse was a little weak. I like Greg being DB's beck and call every time he hollered.

13. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Yes, DB and Greg are a good pairing. Glad to see more of Greg this season, he has been neglected in the past. The case with the maid was pretty weak, but I like the fact that we are back on two cases an episode, it gives everyone more equal screentime, and it makes the cases where everyone is working together more special.

I really enjoyed this last episode with Morgan, in the helicopter. Rather far-fetched but effect. And plenty of emotion from Greg!
    I think DB and Morgan are working really well in the show.

14. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Still playing catch up on the UK episodes. Just wactched CSI Down which I found gripping. Really enjoyed it. The only downside was Greg's temper tantrum at the kidnappers daughter, which seemed quite un-threatening tome as we've not really seem being aggressive before.

15. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

I thought crime after crime was fantastic. I never saw that coming from Vega. Great episode.