Schrodinger's Cat (CSI:NY)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by robotnik22, Aug 10, 2011.

1. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

Schrodinger's Cat
    Title: Schrodinger’s Cat 1/2
    Fandom: CSI:NY
    Prompt: Model Mayhem
    Rating: T
    Disclaimer*: I don’t own it ,I didn’t create it, I’m just a fan.
    * I own one character and was inspired by the mention of this topic in The Big Bang Theory.
    Pairing: Mac/OC (not til the end,though)
    Summary: A model.A crime scene.A suspect.
    An exhibit containing three live models, each in their individual boxes made from perspex, is held at the museum.One is wearing a bridal dress, the second is in swimwear, and third one is discovered to be lying down, whilst wearing cat ears and a leopard print bodysuit.A man creeps up to the box, and also discovers that the same model isn’t moving and yells for help.
    The models are in distress when Mac and his team enter the scene and the man who found the model dead is being interviewed by Flack who asks ” So ,how long ago did you find her?”
    The man responds “I found her 20 minutes ago.She was lying down in a box and wasn’t moving.”
    Meanwhile, Mac ,Adam and Hawkes discover a door on the side,however, Mac himself also discovers a smashed canister of gas, which has made its way around the box and a geiger counter.
    “We may have to wear hazmat suits and gas masks to the enter the box.” He says.
    “Why?”Hawkes asks.
    “This is a case of Schrodinger’s Cat.”
    “Ah, the theory of placing a cat in a box with a geiger counter, a canister of poison gas and a radioactive substance.” Adam responds.
    They put on the suits ,masks, and the standard issue gloves before entering the box.Mac then picks up the geiger counter and takes it as evidence.Hawkes picks up the canister whilst Adam uses a device which traps the air inside, so that they can identify the gas and the radioactive substance.
    The corpse is then placed in a body bag and placed on a stretcher, before being taken away.
    Morgue

As Sid checks the body over, Mac walks in and asks him what he discovered.Sid tells him that he just took a sample from the victim’s lungs. He also tells Mac to take the sample to Adam.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  2. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

Schrodinger's Cat
    Title: Schrodinger’s Cat 2/2
    Fandom: CSI:NY
    Prompt: Model Mayhem
    Rating: T
    Disclaimer*: I don’t own it ,I didn’t create it, I’m just a fan.
    * I own one character and was inspired by the mention of this topic in The Big Bang Theory.
    Pairing: Mac/OC
    Summary: A model.A crime scene.A suspect.
    Crime Lab

“Adam.” Mac says, when he walks into the lab.
    Adam turns around asks Mac “What’s in your hand?”
    “A sample of what was in the vic’s lungs.”
    “Okay, I’ll run it.”
    The contents of the sample show up on the screen.
    “Cyanide and Krypton, lethal combo.” Adam says.
    “We dealt with Krypton in a previous case.”
    “What was it about?”
    “It involved someone trying to fly.”
    “Krypton doesn’t enable a mere mortal to fly-” Adam laughs.
    “But it does enable someone ,to use it to kill.”
    Lindsay enters the lab and tells Mac that she and Jo lifted prints off the box that the model was lying down in.She then hands the prints to Mac.
    Mac hands them to Adam and he runs them off and they get an instant hit.
    A name comes up on the database.
    "Gloria Madison.Age 50." Mac says as he looks at the computer.
    “Wanted on 3 E- Felonies, which are commercial bribing, falsifying business records and skipping out on bail.” Lindsay tells them. “And..she’s also loaded up to her eyeballs in cash.” Flack tells them, as he enters.
    “A multi-million dollar empire including clothes design and curating a private museum, and a boyfriend who’s a top-level scientist,named Henry Walsh, according to The Ledger.” He says, whilst showing them the newspaper.
    Mac gets a call.
    “Taylor.”
    “Detective Taylor, This is Elissa Giannopoulos from the District Attorney’s Office.”
    “Good afternoon, Ms.Giannopoulos, how can I help?”
    “I’ve been notified by Detective Flack that you may have identifed a suspect, whom is known by my office as a Predicate Felon.”
    “Yes.That is correct.”We also have the name of an accessory, as well as the trifecta.”
    “Aha! Means,motive and opportunity.”
    “Exactly.”
    “Nice work, all you have to do is show me the evidence and I’ll present you with a warrant.”
    “Okay,so when is it appropriate to pay your office a visit?”
    “Now, if possible.”
    “Will do.”
    “Alrighty,see you soon Detective.”
    “I shall.”
    Mac presses a button to end the call, before re-entering the room.
    “I have to go to the D.A’s office.” He tells his team.
    “What? Now?” Adam asks.
    “Yes.”

D.A’s Office
    Mac arrives in the foyer, clutching a folder, which contains the evidence and the names of the suspects and the victim.
    “You must be Detective Taylor.” The assistant says to him.
    “Yes.”
    “Ms.Giannopoulos is busy right now,but I know that this is important,so I will let her know that you are here.
    “Ms.Giannopoulos,Detective Mac Taylor has arrived.”
    “He can come in.”
    Mac is told by the clerk that he may now enter the office.
    Mac enters and sees a woman with straight brown hair and big brown eyes, sitting at the desk.Both of them stare at each other for about 30 seconds before he is instructed to place his folder on the desk and take a seat.She looks through the folder, carefully examining every minute detail of all of the folders’ contents before she looks at Mac again.
    “The trifecta, indeed.” She says.
    “Yes, I didn’t lie to you.”
    “I know that. By the way,I’m a former Prosecutor and this level of work, is astounding!”
    Mac takes a deep breath.
    “Rest assured.I’ll be filling out the warrants that are needed to complete this investigation, immediately.The amount of solid evidence that you just presented to me, has incriminated the masterminds behind this crime, to a greater extent, than you could comprehend.”
    “Thank you.”
    “That’s not a problem, however I would appreciate that you wait in the foyer, whilst I am signing off on these warrants for you.”
    “Will do.”
    Mac exits and waits in the foyer.Some time later, the D.A exits her office and into the foyer and hands Mac the paperwork.
    Later that day, any other evidence that is needed for the case,gets collected from Henry’s lab and Gloria’s apartment.The pieces that have been collected, get processed, and the fingerprints on the bottle of cyanide,that got collected from Gloria’s apartment are also matching that of Gloria herself, along with a small tube from Henry’s lab, which has been confirmed to have had traces of Krypton inside it.
    Both Henry and Gloria have been taken into Interrogation, and questions are being asked.
    Henry gets interrogated by Jo and Hawkes, whilst Gloria is interrogated by Flack and Lindsay.
    Later on,they both admit that they played a role,but it is Gloria who reveals herself as the mastermind,even though Flack was well aware of this,already.Both Henry and Gloria,are then taken into custody and led away to their respective holding cells.

The next morning

Mac walks out of his doorway and sees furniture and vases,containing flowers, amongst other items,have been carried up the hallway and into the door of the apartment, which is just across from his.He looks to his right and notices that a woman is moving into that same apartment.It is Elissa.She stops and they stare at each other for a little while,then smile at each other.
    “Hi…”She says to him, nervously.
    “You can call me Mac.”He responds,smiling.
    “And..You can call me Elissa.”She chuckles.
    “Nice to meet you,Elissa.”
    “And you,Mac.”
    They shake hands,before she walks away to enter her apartment.
    FIN.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the fanfiction section. Nice fic. Love that you mentioned Krypton. That episode was one of my favorites. I loved Adam saying Krypton doesn't enable one to fly.

I know this fic is done, but for future reference you can edit your posts for up to 24hrs after the post is made.

From the "Friendly Reminder-All Read" thread:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  4. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

Thanks GNRF :)