Sara Will Be Back

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Oct 20, 2007.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Executive producer <font color=yellow>Carol Mendelsohn</font> knows that this is not the end.

<font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font> (Sara Sidle) recently confirmed that she would be leaving CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in November of this year. "When Jorja expressed her desire to move on — even though I would have loved nothing more than to have had her here for Season 8 and Season 9 and on — you [react] as you would in any family: You love the person and respect them and want them to be happy and fulfilled," Mendelsohn explained to Ausiello. She went on to say that it was ultimately Fox's decision to leave. "I had done everything that I could," she said. "But in the end, I respect Jorja. This is something that she wanted to do, and I would never stand in her way."

Mendelsohn isn't closing the book on Sara just yet. "If this was the very end for Sara Sidle on CSI, I don't think I could have handled the last few months," she explained. "But it's not. Jorja was always No. 6 on our call sheet. We're retiring No. 6, so it's there for Jorja when she comes back." She said that fans can "count on" Sara returning, although she could not be more specific than that. "I'm almost tearing up now because it's very hard to say goodbye, even if it's [just] goodbye for now," she said.

Mendelsohn would only give vague details about how Sara would leave the show. "As the season unfolds through November, there is a character arc threaded through the episodes for Sara Sidle," she said. "And it is something that will build and build and build until the episode in which she departs, sometime in November." Mendelsohn also implied that Sara would not be killed. "I don't, as a fan or a writer, embrace killing off characters," she said. She went on to say that they "owe the fans so much and I don't think killing off Sara Sidle would have ever been a way to pay a satisfactory ending for Sara."

Sara's departure led to questions about her relationship with Gil Grissom (<font color=yellow>William Petersen</font>) and where the show would go from there. "We were totally invested, all of us, in Grissom and Sara," Mendelsohn said. She also addressed the idea of other members of the team entering into romantic relationships with one another. "Clearly, among the team there's a lot of love," she explained. "But it's kind of familial love. I think Grissom and Sara was a very, very special case." There may be a relationship in the lab, however, between two of the recurring characters. "The new couple may be [one who] sort of started last season that you may not suspect," she revealed. "We have someone who works in the lab and has an interest in another lab tech."

Fox leaving the show brought up the possibility that one or more of the other actors might leave when their own contracts expire. Mendelsohn said that CSI "is so strong that it could get along without any one of us." Despite believing that, she said that she had "difficulty thinking about CSI without Grissom and Catherine [Willows (<font color=yellow>Marg Helgenberger</font>)] and Warrick [Brown (<font color=yellow>Gary Dourdan</font>)] and Nick [Stokes (<font color=yellow>George Eads</font>)]. But I do believe that people love the show, too, and it could go on." She did not say whether the show would lose any more characters. "I suppose anything is possible, but I hope that doesn't happen," Mendelsohn said. "I think one of the strengths of CSI and one of the pleasures of doing this job is that we have all been together from the beginning. I would love for us to all continue to be together."

The full interview can be found in two parts on the TV Guide website: Part One and Part Two.<center></center>

2. fifty8th

fifty8th Victim

If it is true I am very happy to hear Jorja will be back someday but right now it feels more to me that Carol Mendelsohn is just telling the fans what they want to hear to get them of her and CBS's back. Besides how many things that Carol Mendelsohn has said will happen never have? She said they would be going to San Francisco this year and they aren't, London never happened.

3. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

yeah, she also said season 6 was 'grissom's year'...please, i never listen to her

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Wouldn't it be funny if Sara does an Ahnold impression if she tells Ecklie, "I'll be back."

5. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

You truly do not know how HAPPY I was to hear that!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAH

6. buddrick

buddrick Dead on Arrival

OMG!!! YES!!! even if there is a small hope she will be back ( cuz i think she will, a year without CSI for Jorja and she'll realize she should have never left the no.1 drama on T.V.) it feels like someone just took the knife out of my stomache which has been there since i found out she was leaving!-maybe now i can sleep better at night! ;)

7. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Well, all I can say is that I am happy that Jorja will be back and that my previous dislike of CM has vanished. :) Seriously, I love CSI and all it stands for (the original show though, can't stand Miami... :mad:), but without Jorja...I might as well jump over to BBC's Robin Hood then.

I am not going to say much about that since I do not want to get into a fight about "OMG!GSRSUCKS!" and "OMG!GSRRULZ!".

I am however going to talk about this:

You know...this is actually how I felt when I first began watching CSI. I never saw any romantic chemistry between the characters at first (OK, the fact that I watched the show only because of the science at that time and didn't care that much about the characters may have played their part in that). I saw them as a big family where everybody loves and accepts each other as they are. To be completely honest, I rarely ship people inside the CSI fandom (with the exception of GSR and HodgesMandy(do they even have a name, BTW?)and "Familiar love" is a great word to explain it.

OMG! HodgesMandy!!! *hyperventialtes* Oh, God how do I looove those two...And together?*squee*

It is Hodges who has a crush on Mandy. I think Wallace Langham stated in an interview that he does. I love HodgesMandy...Hell, I love all of the labrats and hopefully (?) they are getting some more screen time soon.

8. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Actually, it was Wendy that Hodges has a crush on, not Mandy. I thought they were cute and she wasn't fool by him.

9. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I never actually believe anything CM says anymore. it so rarely comes true.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

It's hard to know who and what to believe at this point :confused: I can't imagine why or how, the head writer for CSI would go out on a limb, without full approval of Les Moonves and the other executives, that's pretty hugh, to make a blatant statement, without some truth there! the one I don't beleive is Auseillo, he made it very clear that "Sara died" well did she? time will tell!

11. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Gah! I mix their names up all the time!:D I love HodgesWendy. Hope they'll get some screentime now.

12. fifty8th

fifty8th Victim

Carol Mendelsohn is more than just a writer now right? Not that I have changed my mind on her believability but she is like Executive something-or-other now, right?

13. debgal

debgal Victim

ZZZzzzzZZZZZ...Boring just does not describe all this "will she or wont she" drama.
    I'll be back to viewing when its done and over.

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Executive Producer of the show. She's been that from day one.

And I bet it's Hodges and Wendy. That would be totally cool and funny! :D