Sara And Grissom's Marital Status Confirmed

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Sep 23, 2009.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

The season ten premiere of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation will reveal what has happened between Gil Grissom (William Petersen) and Sara Sidle (Jorja Fox) since they were reunited last season. (Spoilers after the jump.)

More...

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Re: Sara And Grissom?s Marital Status Confirmed

It's nice to see they're focusing on other stuff now that those two are off the show. :rolleyes: :shifty:

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

^^Yup :rolleyes:

See this is a perfect example of why I don't buy the GSR thing and don't buy them being married. Sara was never for marriage and this just proves it.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

UH, Sara has returned and Grissom will be back, for a "guest spot", it's not over till it's over, they were the only "ship" romance ever on this Vegas/CSI, and many fans still clamor for them~An why should she stick around while he's teaching, when Ecklie called her to help out, so she choose that and he's an understanding guy and probably encouraged her do do this. They'll reunite, and what couple has a perfect marriage?

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, I've said this one and I'll say it, AGAIN! It would be nice if tptb did something for the 'other' fans of this show and stop making it the GSR show.

GSR fans are happpy and I'm happy for you. I'd be happy too if I got what I wanted, but, alas, that will never happen. :rolleyes: However, the rest of us don't count in the world of CSI and tptb.

And sorry, but I still don't buy the Ecklie called her to return crap either. After everything she did, there is no way Ecklie would call her back. If that's the case tptb are totally nuts and, apparently, hasn't watched the show.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  6. PerfectAnomaly

I stand corrected. I amend my previous statement: It's nice to see they're focusing on other stuff now that those two have left the show and only pop up for "guest spots." :rolleyes: :shifty:

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'm a little late to the party; I just figured out where to comment on these news items. lol
    Anyway, glad to have the news confirmed and am really looking forward to the premiere, and the other Jorja episodes. I'm sure this is just a way to bring the Sara(and Grissom, by association) fans back to the fold, and I hope it works. There are plans to develop other storylines (as seen in spoilers), so I don't think having Sara or Grissom around once in a while will dominate the show. Which is okay with me, as long as they are together and maybe pop in for a visit now and then. I'm more than happy to relinguish the angst crown to another character, be it Nick or Catherine. But NO angst for Greg, PLEASE.
    Love the convo between Sara and Catherine! Long overdue.

8. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

I know that this is late, as the premiere has already aired but
    SQUEEE
    I (and ALL GSR fans) have waited so so long to hear this as a formal announcement!

And I am truly sorry, I try to keep my composure but I have had it with GSR bashing.
    The show does NOT only focus on GSR, it's the people who say stuff like that that are dwelling on the scenes saying they're taking up the show. GSR doesn't drown the show, but it's usually the only ship talked about because it is the only canon ship on the entire show.

:D I'm glad that this has finally happened .

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Couldn't agree more well said, YIPPEE AND HIP-HIP-HOORAY,[​IMG] I'm thrilled to see the new eps. not anything else, Glad Jorja is back:thumbsup:

10. PerfectAnomaly

People don't like them as a couple and aren't afraid to express their opinion. That isn't "bashing." Also, if people don't like romantic relationships on their procedural crime dramas or don't like a particular pairing they're bound to think too much of the show's focus is on that aspect of the show. People who constantly squee about something that supposedly doesn't take up that much of the show are also "dwelling" on the relationship too.

I don't get why people have to constantly rag on other people for expressing an opinion they don't share. :rolleyes:

11. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

Don't get me wrong I've got absolutely no problem whatsoever with people expressing opinions against GSR that's their decision it just annoys me how some people keep it going relentlessly making it rather synicle because believe me it's been known to happen :p

in no way am I saying that it's everybody 100% of the time :)

12. PerfectAnomaly

I wouldn't say people who don't like GSR are any more relentless than people who do like them. ;)

13. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

I know, I hate how BOTH sides generalize. If we find one person we don't agree with on a ship or topic most of us start talking about the group as a whole based off one persons actions. Both sides of any debate gotta chill out on this board :rolleyes:

14. PerfectAnomaly

I WASN'T generalizing. I was simply trying to point out that you can't say one side "dwells" on the issue any more or less than the other because THAT would be generalizing. ;)

15. GeekLove<3

GeekLove<3 Witness

I don't buy the whole: "GSR is the whole show" thing. Grissom and Sara are the main couple for CSI, always have been, and most likely always will be. Primetime shows are always like that; they have one main couple and that's about it. (OT for a second, but I believe before Jorja came to CSI, Nick and Catherine were going to be the "it" couple. SeeHERE.)

Some of you who don't like GSR may think the whole show is about them, but as a GSR fan of 10 years now, it hasn't been like that at all. I remember going 6 seasons waiting, hoping, wishing for something to take place between the two of them. 6 seasons. When the finale took place, oh me, oh my, was I a happy gal! But it was one scene. That's it.

Season 7 barely focused on them, and that really surprised me. They had little conversations about each other here and there, that (wonderful, lovely, beautiful, amazing:adore:) shaving scene, and the Godzilla scene. Granted there were a few more intimate gestures, but what do you expect? The writers to reveal their romance and then totally drop it? As I recall, in season 7, the focus on characters was pretty balanced. Lots of Cath and Greg I know that. Actually season 7 is probably my second favorite season because of how balanced and well written the storylines were. (Season 6 being my all time fave season.)

Just because Sara said: "I'm not anti-wedding, I'm anti-stupid. You know people who do things for the sake of tradition with no clue as to why."

Now I'm pretty sure Sara didn't marry Grissom out of the sake of tradition with no clue as to why she did. This romance has never been that way, and it wont start being that way now.

And we GSR fans are very happy I'm sure, but we haven't gotten as much as some of you think. Sure we got a wedding, but we didn't get to see it. Just one day our homegirl shows up and she's suddenly married. Awesome, but I would have liked to see it, or atleast heard more about it. Heck, we haven't even gotten an official "I love you" yet. Which is fine, they don't need to say it, I think after 10 years we know how they feel. :adore:

I could go on and on, but I wont. :) Sorry that was a long post, but as you all know now, I don't agree that GSR is the whole show. :cool: