Samantha Flack thread #1

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by csi_miami_babe, Sep 25, 2008.

1. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

Hi everyone! I don't know about you guys, but I loved Samantha last night in the New York premiere. I think she deserves a thread of her own. Feel free to talk about her as much as you want in here.

The spoilers have said that we will be seeing more of Samantha this season. We might as well have a place to chat about her, huh? ;)

I hope everyone will enjoy this thread!

2. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Well, its about time, eh?

Maybe we can start by posting some screen caps. I don't own any, unfortunatly.

The most interesting part I think is when she was interregated, and a guy walked in - he was shocked at the guys she's dating. Don't remember the exact line - but it was good family moment.

3. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

I'm glad you're happy about the thread.

Sorry, but I don't have any screen caps either.

I was so excited last night to see her. I loved the interaction with Sam and Flack. He seems like the perfect big brother to everyone except her. If he hadn't said something about their father, you'd think he was dating her! When Danny was talking to her, I just wanted to hug Flack! He looked so worried and stressed!

I think the producers made a perfect choice with the actress who is playing Sam. She really could be his real life sister.

4. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

Well, Don had a point, CSINYMIA000. That guy was scum. :lol:

I liked the way Don and Sam interacted, they're definitely siblings. I hope we get lots more this season. :)

I have a screen cap for you. Here's Sam in her first scene with Don at the bar.

[​IMG]

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

They do look like siblings. I think Kathleen Munroe was perfectly cast for the role, she's great and the interaction between the two of them is fantastic and believable. :)

Sam at the precinct
    [​IMG]

Arguing with her brother
    [​IMG]

6. CSINEWYORK000

I don't deny that -what I mean to say : he was being protective older brother. Which is nice. BUT,He may gone a tiny bit overboard. I bet she was thinking "He sounds just like our father..."

He's cute when he's angry :adore:

7. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I think she's the awesome foil (almost) to Flack... the one thing that can really shake him up. And I thought it was cute when they were arguing, and she said, "I'm sorry I embarrass you," and he replied, "That's not it" (or whatever he said). Just cute.

I like her. :)

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'll add my name to the list of Sam fans. :p Kathleen did a great job, and she and Eddie interact perfectly onscreen. It may have been the first time we saw her, but the characters really felt like siblings with a long history.

And yes, they hit the jackpot by casting Kathleen physically - I can easily believe that they're related. Another gorgeous member of the Flack family. It's hardly fair. :p

Thanks for the caps, guys!

9. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Count me in as a Sam fan as well! :D I agree that the PTB made the perfect casting choice. They could really pass off as brother and sister. Their chemistry was absolutely amazing. They were really believable as siblings and the tension seemed very real.

Here's another screen cap of Samantha:

[​IMG]

Sam being interrogated by Danny.

Anyone interested in more Sam screen caps, just PM me. ;)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  10. CSINEWYORK000

11. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Okay, so I was perusing the Flack thread, and I thought about something...

Do you think it's safe to say Sam's the black sheep of the family?

Don mentioned that if she was involved, him and Dad weren't gonna bail her out. Seems to me that means it's not the first time she's been in trouble. And there were no mention of the other Flack siblings (which Don has mentioned brothers before). So, do you think she's the outcast, or was it just not important enough to use in the intro to her character?

12. kinehelene

kinehelene Hit and Run

you almost think that they are siblings in real life to..
    they made a good choice.

and i hope to see more from Miss samantha..

13. athens

athens Coroner

I haven't really seen this actress before but I really liked her in the premiere.

She does look like Flack's sister and it is actually really interesting.

I want to see more of her character in the next episodes. ;)

14. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

I think you're right. Sam does seem like the black sheep in the family. Judging from her personality and where she works (not to mention the guy that was talking to her at the station) it seems like maybe she has been in trouble before. I hope they go further into that.

15. athens

athens Coroner

Maybe she is the black sheep but I hope not in a really bad way.Because she is going to appear in other episodes I think they are going to show the relationship atleast between her and Don and maybe develop more of her character.