Sackhoff Might Stick Around On 'CSI'

CSI Files

Captain
CSI Files previously reported that Katee Sackhoff has an upcoming guest stint on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Executive producer Carol Mendelsohn is hoping the actress will remain on the show after her initial appearance. (Minor spoilers after the jump!) Sackhoff will play Detective Frankie Reed, and the character will experience conflict with the CSI team. [...]

More...

I'm continuing my rather negative point of view concerning any new female addition to the CSI family.... ;)

first see than believe....

I don't have strong feelings for or against. I guess if Jorja or Marg leave, I'd like to see her stay on, or fill in the gaps when Jorja isn't there. It all depends on how her character is written. I hated her in 24, but loved Starbuck. And CSI has failed at writing good female characters lately, so we'll see.

I've never heard of her, and it's harsh the way their fasing out Marg and Jorja, but that's life. I'm glad we've got the remarkable Laurence Fishburne he's amazing, great choice, he has brought a "fresh new dynamic" to CSI. And now the female part of the show. But, I wonder why the writers didn't look into Poppy Montgomery or Kathryn Morris from two hit shows that were cancelled. Fans were aware of these two females, rather than a gal who've many aren't familiar with~

From what I've read, Marg and Jorja both made their own decisions to leave/reduce time, so I can accept that a lot easier than Liz's leaving. As for people being familiar with the new actresses, it all depends on the fan - personally, I've heard of both Sienna and Katee, but not so many actresses from other recent series. While I don't like the "buzz words" being thrown around about the new characters (sexy, fiesty, etc), I'm hopeful that they'll turn out better on screen, so there'll still be good female characters on the show.

I like Katee, I think she's great. I do however protest the use of all the stupid anacronyms for the new females on the show. It makes them less appealing.

I hope she does do well on CSI.

Back