Rodriguez: We Want To Reinvigorate The Show

CSI Files

Captain
With CSI: Miami moving to a new night starting on Sunday, October 3 at 10:00pm ET/PT, Adam Rodriguez (Eric Delko) is looking forward to heading into season nine and taking a look back at previous storylines. (Spoilers after the jump!) Miami’s new timeslot could breathe new life into the series. “We want to reinvigorate the [...]

More...

Is this the way to reinvigorate the show?:wtf:
Bringing back storylines from 3 or 4 years ago?We need fresh storylines but the writers don't seem to care what the fans really want.

Is this the way to reinvigorate the show?:wtf:
Bringing back storylines from 3 or 4 years ago?We need fresh storylines but the writers don't seem to care what the fans really want.

I don´t know if thoose storylines raised ratings 3 or 4 years ago. BUT I don´t think re - runs of storylines will do the same.

:guffaw: This is his definition of reinvigorating the show?! :guffaw: Wow.. Bringing back storylines from season 4 and making it the Horatio/Delko hour is not my definition of reinvigorating the show...

I don't think the words 'reinvigorate,' 'back,' and 'old' support each other! :lol:
Seasons 4, 5 and 6 were turn-offs for me, now it seems they are trying to turn me off again. But I'll still be watching because Meta Golding is one of the MEs! And correction, the old team isn't back because Alexx, Speed or Megan isn't. Why not just bring Yelina and team her up with Natalia for a kick-ass story line.

:wtf:

I thought we just got out of the slum that was seasons 4-5. Maybe if they'd start killing off their so-called notorious baddies and stopped killing off the new characters (and/or throwing them into the Abyss Of Forgotten Ones) that had GASP actually reinvigorated the show for many people, this element wouldn't have a chance to contribute the steady decline in ratings (and it probably is).

I'm agreed with those who said the show needs new storylines, not a rehash of the same old. If they want to revisit something, revisit Delko leaving again. :p

I think they need to look up the definition of reinvigorate because bringing back old ass (and mostly sucky) storylines is NOT reinvigorating anything. But, we'll see how it goes.

:wtf:

I thought we just got out of the slum that was seasons 4-5. Maybe if they'd start killing off their so-called notorious baddies and stopped killing off the new characters (and/or throwing them into the Abyss Of Forgotten Ones) that had GASP actually reinvigorated the show for many people, this element wouldn't have a chance to contribute the steady decline in ratings (and it probably is).

I'm agreed with those who said the show needs new storylines, not a rehash of the same old. If they want to revisit something, revisit Delko leaving again. :p

Yeah, but I'd include most of season 6 in that slump as well.

I'm one of those who really believed that Jesse and Walter brought the possibility of a whole new life for this show. Their joining the show brought with it a tremendous amount of new story potentional for not only the new characters, but for the old ones to play off of.

Alas, it was not to be. The new life is history. The want to focus on teh "core cast". But instead of going forward with the "core cast" and trying to develop new storylines, which is possible if you simply bring the characters who've been in the background forward and give them a decent storyline, they are going back to the same old stuff.

And boy do I agree with revisting the "Delko leaves" storyline. Only this time it needs to be a final departure - like death - so that we don't have him coming back and upsetting any forward momentum again (and this time he needs to take Calleigh with him). :rolleyes:

Back