Rodriguez: The Prodigal Son Returns

CSI Files

Captain
Adam Rodriguez (Eric Delko) is glad to be returning to CSI: Miami full time for season nine. (Potential spoilers after the jump!)As CSI Files previously reported, Rodriguez is coming back to the series despite his previous plans to leave. He appeared during season eight on a recurring basis, but now he’ll be back full time. [...]

More...

I really had hoped he'd stay gone. I never really liked Delko too much and when he was allowed back to work while still suffering the affects of a TBI it was the final nail in the coffin for his character, IMO. I actually liked Jesse and his rapport with Walter and Ryan and will be sorry to see him go.

Yeah. I wasn't really upset when Eric was supposed to be leaving - and then I got frustrated that he never actually left, so the team wasn't really able to transition into a new dynamic without him. It made things more awkward IMO. They had new people, and new dynamics, but then Eric kept coming back and I was like 'How can anybody move on if they keep doing this?' I dunno, I didn't really miss him, and I'm a bit disappointed that he's coming back. I know plenty of people are thrilled, though. :)

I also enjoyed Jesse's interaction with Ryan and Walter. Those three were fun together, even if I felt like Jesse as a character needed some tweaking. If he'd been around longer, I think things would have evened out for him. Oh well.

I really had hoped he'd stay gone. I never really liked Delko too much and when he was allowed back to work while still suffering the affects of a TBI it was the final nail in the coffin for his character, IMO. I actually liked Jesse and his rapport with Walter and Ryan and will be sorry to see him go.

Same here. I only came back to watching the show last season after giving up when they killed Speedle. Delko was never my favourite character and the fact that he was going to be gone and new characters were joining, that was part of the impetus for me to give the show a second chance.

I'm so thrilled that Adam will be back on CSIM full time next season!:thumbsup: The show just wasn't the same without Eric as a part of the core CSI team during season 8. I must confess that I only watched "live" the Season 8 episodes that Eric/Adam was in, because the Eric-less episodes just held no real appeal for me. (The one exception was "Show Stopper," because Calleigh/Emily was so great in that eppy). And I really hope that TPTB don't "derail" the Eric/Calleigh train next season ... we Hiphugger-fans would really like to see the relationship "pull into the station" as it were. :luvlove: Hopefully, next season will bring good (i.e., drama-free) things for E&C. And with Eric/Adam (one of the show's 3 remaining initial cast-members) returning fully to fold, I also hope Season 9 brings renewed focus on the strong team dynamics and character development that made CSIM so beloved in the first place.:)

Back