Rex Linn Talks About His Career Change

CSI Files

Captain
CSI:Miami’s <font color=yellow>Rex Linn</font> (Detective Frank Tripp) recently shared his Hollywood story, which is a little different that most. Linn was a 32 year old banker living in Oklahoma when he made the decision to pursue acting.

“My best friend and my family knew I could get a job acting. They were very supportive,” Linn said. “But a lot of people thought I was having a nervous breakdown. I was a bank vice president.” But he reasoned, “I wasn’t married; I didn’t have children, except my dog. I had to at least try. If it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work.”

Linn gave up a good job and a great house to move to Los Angeles. He took method acting classes and got his breakthrough in the 1993 film Cliffhanger, in which he played Treasury Agent Richard Travers. For there he was cast in a number of Westerns including Wyatt Earp, The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. and Louis L’Armour’s Crossfire Trail. He then moved on to playing law enforcement types in Thunderheart, Clear and Present Danger and Walker, Texas Ranger. He joined CSI:Miami in 2003.

“It’s been a great ride,” said Linn. “I love working with David; he’s one of the smartest guys I know. You have to be prepared when you’re working with him.”

To read the full story, see <A class="link" HREF=http://www.knownews.com/kns/cda/article_print/0,1983,KNS_357_5358727_ARTICLE-DETAIL-PRINT,00.html>Knox News</a>.<center></center>

Well, I for one, am very glad he decided to do it. I can't imagine Miami without him!

Personally, I like the Frank character, and I'm glad they decided to make Rex Linn a regular. As a native Texan myself, he reminds me so much of my uncle with his humour and take-crap-from-no-one attitude, not to mention the signature accent.

Wow, had no idea about Rex having had such a different career before he started acting. Like others have echoed though, I'm happy he decided to take up acting. I've always liked his character on Miami from the get go. He always manages to crack me up. :D

Back