Review: CSI: New York--'The 34th Floor'

CSI Files

Captain
New CSI Jo Danville arrives at the lab to find the body of a woman on the floor in CSI: NY‘s seventh season opener. Synopsis: Picking up where “Vacation Getaway” left off, Lindsay wakes to find serial killer Shane Casey holding her daughter and pointing a gun at her husband. Lindsay raises her gun and [...]

More...

Excellent review as always. :D

The premiere definitely suffered a bit for having to cram so much into 42 minutes, especially knowing that Melina's departure was abrupt and that the writers already had multiple episodes planned out at the time. I wasn't really a fan of the way they acknowledged Stella's absence, but I am glad they didn't dwell on it too much.

Jo's new coworkers certainly piled on the compliments with all the subtlety of a grenade, but that's not unusual for a new character joining an established cast, so it didn't really bother me. I think some of the humor was forced in the premiere, but I have a good feeling about Jo - I really like her so far, and I'm looking forward to a new dynamic in a team that has been largely unchanged for so many seasons.

The case was on the weak side, but now that they've got the introductions and the explanations out of the way, they can get back into the groove as season 7 continues. Bring it on! :D

Back