Review: CSI: New York--'Scared Stiff'

CSI Files

Captain
The CSIs tackle a case in which a woman is found in Central Park, appearing to have been frightened to death. Synopsis: In the morgue, Sid shows Mac the body of a girl in a white dress who died sitting up, arms curled to her chest. Mac notes that the girl was found by a [...]

More...

GRAUK ;)

The ghosts on the lake were really cheesy. I'd expect to see that on Doctor Who or Torchwood, not CSI:NY. Hmm...

I didn't take the scene with Danny and Flack quite the same way you did (I didn't find it to be as harsh and antagonistic as you thought it was), but I didn't like Danny's attitude toward Flack's speculation with regard to the potential spider bite. He offered what he thought was a legitimate possibility, there's no need to be mean about it. :(

The killer was a total creep. Good casting, but ugh, so creepy.

LOL @ Hawkes' ghost-hunting buddy. (Too bad it wasn't Adam's friend. It could have been a sort-of shout out to AJ Buckley's Ghost Facers thing. ;)) Sometimes I wonder if the writers remember that Flack was scared of the haunted monastery in season 1, back when Stella and Aiden teased him and offered to hold his hand. :p I like Flack being a total city boy when it comes to the 'wilderness' in the park, but I would have liked a bit of worry about ghosties. ;)

I didn't take the scene with Danny and Flack quite the same way you did (I didn't find it to be as harsh and antagonistic as you thought it was), but I didn't like Danny's attitude toward Flack's speculation with regard to the potential spider bite. He offered what he thought was a legitimate possibility, there's no need to be mean about it. :(

Danny's comments felt pretty mean to me... the poison ivy one on its own might not have seemed that way, but coupled with actually making fun of Flack for offering up a little science, it all seemed way harsh. I think even Flack was fed up by the end of the conversation!

The killer was a total creep. Good casting, but ugh, so creepy.

He was good!

LOL @ Hawkes' ghost-hunting buddy. (Too bad it wasn't Adam's friend. It could have been a sort-of shout out to AJ Buckley's Ghost Facers thing. ;)) Sometimes I wonder if the writers remember that Flack was scared of the haunted monastery in season 1, back when Stella and Aiden teased him and offered to hold his hand. :p I like Flack being a total city boy when it comes to the 'wilderness' in the park, but I would have liked a bit of worry about ghosties. ;)

Yeah, that would have been nice continuity. Poor Flack was more worried about poison ivy and killer spiders I guess. :lol:

Thanks for the great review!

For me, Lindsay didn't see the real ghosts. She might be hearing the "voices" but the ghost might be her imagination only or just creative effects from the FX department. But it was unnecessary. They shouldn't have added that special effects so to not cause confusion. It would be fine if Lindsay was just staring at the lake without the ghost effect, anyway, Hawkes just finished discussing the story about the skating ghosts and the viewers might get what Lindsay's scene means.

Back