Review: CSI: New York--'Sanguine Love'

CSI Files

Captain
When the body of a young woman is discovered in a snowy park surrounded by blood, the CSIs come to suspect she may be the victim of a vampire cult.Synopsis:Mac, Flack and Hawkes stand over the body of a young woman whose excursion to Central Park on a snowy day to take photographs ended in [...]

More...

Great review as always. :)

This was definitely a better episode of NY than Melina's was last season - both individually and as part of the overall series. This one had some good music, too. A lot of the time, I watch the episodes and kind of make a :wtf: face at the musical choices (particularly in lab processing scenes - there are some...odd picks sometimes), but this week I really enjoyed the sound of the episode. The guest stars were all good as well. It's nice to see real actors who are able to bring across the characters' emotions as opposed to stunt casting (which we'll be getting next week with Danica Patrick's appearance, of course *sigh*).

The scene with Danny developing the victim's film reminded me of "Blink" from way back in season one, when Danny and Aiden developed the film found in a camera next to one of the victims. It was a nice touch to see something as mundane as black and white film play a role as a major piece of evidence in a show that usually relies on the gadget of the week. (And yes, I suppose you're right - the poor piggies also count as a helpful, mundane tool in use by our tech-savvy scientists. :p)

I was skeptical about the vampire angle, but at least these didn't sparkle. ;) (Although WTF was up with that one guy's mustache in the 'ceremony' scene? :wtf:) And I'm glad they were vampires without being the stereotypical 'goth' kids with fake teeth that have been done-to-death (pun intended) on these shows. It was a bit risky as subject matter (because it can be so ridiculous IMO), but the episode did it well.

On a purely shallow note, is it just me or does this cast look ridiculously attractive in winter garb? I swear, it's gotta be the scarves. Flack and Stella in particular are smokin' hot all bundled up.

flack-sanguine-love.png

I mean really. :adore:

ETA: I guess I should have made a specific comment about Carmine's part in this since it was *his* episode. :lol:

I don't know how much of a role Carmine played in the final script, the production and/or post-production, but I think he could be proud to have his name attached to this episode. As an episode, it was well done, and it fit well with the *usual* episodes for the series. It was a pretty solid case, with only a few minor quibbles (that I didn't notice until someone in the NY forum pointed them out ;)), and I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Back