Review: CSI: New York--'Rest In Peace, Marina Garito'

CSI Files

Captain
Stella is certain that the death of a young woman seeking answers about her brother’s disappearance was murder, not suicide.Synopsis:Stella awakens from a terrifying nightmare that ends with a car crash after learning of the death of Marina Garito, a young woman who had been calling Stella every Monday for three years, hoping for news [...]

More...

Great review as always.

Stella's scene with Sid at the end, Sid's scene with Hawkes and Stella's scene with Flack were all really great - it's always nice to see personal moments between the characters. I wasn't thrilled with Stella's first scene with Sid simply because I felt like she was being unnecessarily harsh, even if she was ultimately right about Marina's death not being a suicide.

I'm with you on the need to attack Stella to prove the point that she's "tough as ever", as Hawkes said. I am glad that the car accident at the beginning turned out to be a dream, but Stella getting attacked again is part of a disturbing pattern. When you point out previous examples of Stella getting attacked, it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. She's not just hit as a suspect flees, which happens to most of the team now and then - the attacks against her are always...personal in a way. Ugh.

On a totally unrelated note, I will never enjoy Lindsay's Little Demonstrations™. And if there's anything I enjoy even less, it's seeing Adam act like a moron in order to allow the rest of the team to explain everything. (Also, I still can't get over the fact that they seriously had Lindsay clarify that GSR is gunshot residue - 24 total seasons of CSI, not to mention every other cop show out there, and they actually clarified that?! :wtf:)

Making Adam look dumb was definitely not necessary, at least to the extent it was done. I could see him not following in one case, but there were three instances in one single scene. He was basically like, "Huh?" There are better ways to catch the audience up.

And Lindsay's self-satisfied demonstrations will never be endearing, no matter how many times she does them.

Back