Review: CSI: New York--'Manhattanhenge'

CSI Files

Captain
The New York team closes in on the Compass Killer as they try to prevent him from claiming his final victim.Synopsis:picking up where “Cuckoo’s Nest” left off, the team tries to figure out how the Compass Killer, Hollis Eckhart, disappeared from right under their noses in Flushing Meadows. Mac finds the answer when he spots [...]

More...

Great review as always, Kristine. :)

Several of the scenes in this episode felt too long, as if they needed to fill time, but otherwise it was an interesting end to the Compass Killer story. I guessed early on that Eckhart himself was the one he hated the most - also, I could tell the sketch was of him long before Lindsay cleared away all of the scribbles.

I agree that it would have been nice to see Flack reach out to Eckhart as well - or at least get some sense of his understanding about how Eckhart felt. After all, Flack did seek (and get) revenge for Angell's death by killing Simon Cade - it would have been nice to perhaps see a moment where he acknowledged the extra guilt that type of response would add to a person (along with the guilt about how he could have prevented her death 'if only...').

Adam in charge of the surveillance stuff was adorable. Oh, Adam. :lol: Danny chasing Leonard and diving out of the way on the street was way too soon - but at least we saw a hint that all is not 100% well at the end. Him giving Leonard his jacket was nice, though. :)

I enjoyed the scene at the end - although I gotta admit, I wish we'd gotten a glimpse of Mac and Hawkes' living arrangement before Hawkes got his own place. :lol:

Back