Review: CSI: New York--'Hide Sight'

CSI Files

Captain
A sniper hits Manhattan, causing Mac to clash with the Deputy Chief of Police over what to reveal to the public. Synopsis: A sniper takes out two women in separate shooting incidents and Sid is injured in the morgue when the bullet from the second victim explodes when he tries to remove it. Danny examines [...]

More...

Excellent review.

What really bothered me about this episode was Lindsay carrying the idiot ball throughout the whole thing. I took the comment about not being aware of what could happen to be not only about the greater population, but about herself as well and that really bugged me. She survived a random mass murder and became a friggin' CSI. If anyone would understand the randomness and suddeness of violence she would. Maybe it's just that AB's delivery was off and that's why it seemed odd, but I noticed it being more of a huge error on the writers' part to have Lindsay be the character to talk about that.

Also, I understand that Mac would remember a case like Michael's. Here in MN we have the Jacob Wetterling case that everyone is aware of and countless law enforcement personnel have worked on. But when it was revealed that Mac went and visited the family on several occasions after Michael escaped and Michael incorporated his badge number into his art it just went too far into "Here's another case that's got a personal connection to Mac." They should've just left it as he remembered the case because it was such a big one.

I loved John Laroquette facing off with Gary, but I too hope that more is revealed about him in the rest of his arc.

GRAUK :p

There was a lot of awkward dialogue in this episode, and Lindsay coming across like a moron was part of it. I hate when one of these intelligent, capable CSIs has to look stupid for the show to drive a point home or spell something out for the audience. There has to be a better way to do it!

John Larroquette was largely wasted in his first episode. On the other hand, knowing that he has a bigger arc on the show, maybe it was better for him to be a minor presence the first time around - we know who he is now, so it won't be so out of nowhere for him to play a bigger role in a subsequent episode. (That DA that turned out to be a killer in whichever episode that had Gary's daughter in it immediately comes to mind - they were all 'oh yeah, the team has history with this guy!' but it rang false because we'd never even heard his name. At least we've seen Mac interact with Ted professionally before he's a big part of any storyline.)

I'm curious to see what else they have planned for John - hopefully this is just the tip of the iceberg. Wasting such a great guest star would be a shame.

Back