Review: CSI: New York--'Damned If You Do'

CSI Files

Captain
Mac is troubled when he can’t link a young man to a brutal attack on his parents after the man’s mother identifies him as the attacker. Synopsis: A husband and wife are brutally beaten in their bed; though Walter Travers dies from the beating, his wife Grace manages to call 911. When Mac gets to [...]

More...

Re: Review: CSI: New York??Damned If You Do?

Excellent review, as always.

I really liked that Mac was humanized more in this episode than he usually is. His questioning his own tactics and the apology to Billy were really refreshing to see from a character who has made people coin the term "Mactimony." I also really liked the scene in Mac's office with Jo. He called her on what she did, but he still treated her with the respect a second in command deserved. It reminded me of how he would treat Stella and I liked that bit of professional continuity.

Loved, loved, loved the polygraph scene with Adam and the Danny/Flack scene at the sewer. Adam was especially hilarious posing as the polygraph expert and the Danny/Flack scene (including the slashy subtext) reminded me of seasons past before the DL monster came into being.

I understand how you felt about the Sid/Jo scene and I was a bit taken aback by Sid's behavior, but it also felt natural to me in a sense because Sid was always flirting with Stella and sometimes (oftentimes) that could get a bit awkward as well.

Great review, as usual. ;)

The scene with Adam pretending to be a polygraph expert was hilarious - and I loved how Jo was like 'Aaaaadam' and he was like 'What did I do?' Poor thing. :lol:

Flack was quite handsome this week, too. ;)

I like Jo, but I will be glad when the shiny new phase is over and perhaps some subtlety sets in.

Back