Review: CSI: New York--'Cuckoo's Nest'

CSI Files

Captain
The Compass Killer takes another victim, but Mac has another problem on his hands–Flack has gone AWOL.Synopsis:A disgruntled ex-employee shoots his former boss on a boat party for the company and is about to shoot another partner in the company when the body of a man falls from the bridge above. When Mac joins Stella [...]

More...

Excellent review, as usual. :)

I can't believe we're supposed to buy that there's been a month (or less) since 6.03 - I double checked by re-watching the scene in the mental hospital, and the woman definitely said Eckhart escaped a month ago. :wtf: So Lucy ended up being 10 months old between the end of last season and the second episode of this season (even though the premiere was only a month after the finale), but only a month has transpired between Danny getting ready to start physical therapy, giving up on physical therapy and now walking without the aid of a cane? (The exposition in that scene with Danny and Stella was painfully clunky, by the way.)

I give up trying to understand timelines on this show. :confused:

I'm curious about why Flack had a second gun - I was expecting some sort of comment about that, but they never brought it up. I suppose it's not uncommon for cops to have a secondary weapon, but still...

Eddie and Gary were great, as always - I really enjoy getting the chance to see Eddie stretch his acting muscles rather than just being the go-to guy for snark. I'm not 100% pleased with the fact that we went from vague hints that Flack is drinking in a bar to suddenly being expected to believe that the sh*t has hit the fan - but the actors did great with the material nonetheless. :)

Nelly was awesome - I really love the relationship between Flack and Terrence, and I'm hoping we get more of that as the season goes on. If Flack can't confide in Mac, maybe he can confide in Terrence. (I can't see him going to Stella or Danny to talk about what happened, although Danny apparently knows since he was the one who saw Flack right after he shot Simon Cade - I don't imagine Flack wants to share his own weakness and self-loathing in the aftermath of that split-second decision.)

Excellent review, as usual. :)

I can't believe we're supposed to buy that there's been a month (or less) since 6.03 - I double checked by re-watching the scene in the mental hospital, and the woman definitely said Eckhart escaped a month ago. :wtf: So Lucy ended up being 10 months old between the end of last season and the second episode of this season (even though the premiere was only a month after the finale), but only a month has transpired between Danny getting ready to start physical therapy, giving up on physical therapy and now walking without the aid of a cane? (The exposition in that scene with Danny and Stella was painfully clunky, by the way.)

I give up trying to understand timelines on this show. :confused:

Yeah, timeline head pain for sure! :lol:

I'm curious about why Flack had a second gun - I was expecting some sort of comment about that, but they never brought it up. I suppose it's not uncommon for cops to have a secondary weapon, but still...

I got the feeling it was his personal weapon. It didn't seem like Mac or even Danny was aware he had it, though.

Eddie and Gary were great, as always - I really enjoy getting the chance to see Eddie stretch his acting muscles rather than just being the go-to guy for snark. I'm not 100% pleased with the fact that we went from vague hints that Flack is drinking in a bar to suddenly being expected to believe that the sh*t has hit the fan - but the actors did great with the material nonetheless. :)

Agreed, I was expecting more build up but maybe this was as far as it could go without Flack totally crossing the line and going too far?

Nelly was awesome - I really love the relationship between Flack and Terrence, and I'm hoping we get more of that as the season goes on. If Flack can't confide in Mac, maybe he can confide in Terrence. (I can't see him going to Stella or Danny to talk about what happened, although Danny apparently knows since he was the one who saw Flack right after he shot Simon Cade - I don't imagine Flack wants to share his own weakness and self-loathing in the aftermath of that split-second decision.)

I kind of don't think Danny knows exactly what happened with Cade--he knows Flack shot him, but I don't think he knows that it went down the way it did. And I think Flack would try to protect Danny from that (like he does everything else)--the confiding really does seem to only go one way with them. I could see him perhaps talking to Stella about it, but I'm not sure we'll ever see that. It seems like we've seen less of their friendship recently, though he did go to her about Angell's involvement in the Greek coin thing, and really leveled with her over that. So maybe? But Terrence is a good choice, too, though I'm not sure Flack would ever confide in an ex-con. Their scenes together were great, though, and Flack's comment about Terrence's friends cracked me up!

Back