Review: CSI: Miami-'Show Stopper'

CSI Files

Captain
The Miami team is surprised to find there’s more than meets the eye to a teen superstar’s fiery death on stage. Synopsis: A concert given by pop star Phoenicks ends tragically when the Phoenicks herself bursts into flames in the midst of a pyrotechnic burst. Phoenicks’ personal doctor, Allan Beckham, has her taken away by paramedics, even [...]

More...

Great review as usual, m'dear. :)

The Hannah Montana-esque character was interesting, but I think it was too obviously based on Hannah Montana. Maybe it's just me, but it's kind of annoying when TV shows have a character that is very clearly ~inspired~ by someone in real life (or in this case, another TV show) so that all they're lacking is the name.

Walter and Ryan's banter is awesome. And seeing Walter next to the reconstructed dress was kind of hilarious - it was so teeny! :lol: (Also, it reminded me how much I want to hug Walter, but maybe that's just me. *cough* :p)

I'm very curious to see how things go with Jesse's personal storyline - I was glad to get some insight into what he's been hiding and why he's been acting the way he has since he joined the team. My guess is that, in true CSI fashion, the rest of the team will help him put the guy that killed his wife away for good - and bonding time will be had by all. Hopefully then he can settle into a more familiar spot on the team once that is behind him. :)

(BTW, knowing why he acted the way he did does explain why he stood Natalia up - or perhaps offers several options to explain why - but it was still a crap move. Bleh. I think he needs to do something to make up for that at some point...)

A good review Kristine!

I will say it was an interesting episode except at some points it was dry... perhaps it was for an effect but whatever it was overall it was just alright. :thumbsup: to the writers!

The Ryan-Walter banter was a neccessary element to such a sad & tragic story. It kinda helped ease most of the disturbing elements of the episode. I'm glad that this team of CSIs often show how much they care for the victims. It was pleasing to see how Calleigh & Phoebe bonded.

I was suprised by the Jesse revelation at the end but am glad that now we can atleast move on & watch how this saga continues.

Back