Review: CSI: Miami--'Die By The Sword'

CSI Files

Captain
After a man is literally cut in half by a sword-wielding killer, the CSIs must infiltrate a Japanese gang.Synopsis:A frantic man flees from a motorcycle-driving assassin, running into an abandoned warehouse to escape his pursuer. The rider catches up with him and slices him in half! When the CSIs arrive at the scene, Dr. Loman [...]

More...

Great review as always. :)

The bit with Horatio parking the Hummer while simultaneously taking down a bad guy through the window was ridiculous - especially since it was immediately followed by the shootout with Yamada. :rolleyes: I feel like Horatio is becoming more and more of a caricature - and as a result, he makes Miami a bit ridiculous even when it doesn't have to be. But that's just my two cents...

First Kenny sees his father chopped in half on the ground, and then he watches his biological father die in front of his eyes. That poor kid is going to need therapy. :(

I'm glad to see some continuity with Natalia's hearing issues - and I'm curious to see where things go from here. I was surprised to see them mention the domestic violence thing - was it just me, or did it seem like maybe they were implying that whatever happened was more recent than when she was with her ex-husband? Hmm...

The gang/mafia storylines on Miami always feel a bit tired just because, well, it's Horatio and his team dealing with yet another gang. *yawn* Plus, it always feels like they're trotting out stereotype after trite stereotype for whichever group they're representing at the time. (Also, Jesse just happened to know about this particular gang from his time in LA. How convenient!)

Maybe it's just me, but Sully being there seemed really random. On the one hand, it was cool to see a familiar face from Horatio's past come back to be involved with the case, but at the same time...yeah, random. :confused:

BTW, it would be nice if they'd show a family like Russell and Kenny more often without it being a plot point. Sometimes people adopt kids who don't ~look~ like them. A 21st century family can be so many different things, and it would be great if TV represented that more. :)

Last edited:
Back