Review: CSI: Miami--'Bolt Action'

CSI Files

Captain
The team tracks an inventive killer after three young men drop dead at a beach volleyball game.Synopsis:Four handsome young men play volleyball on a Miami beach in front of an appreciative audience comprised mostly of older women. The game turns into a tragedy when three out of the four players collapse and die on the [...]

More...

Great review, as always. :)

I wish the 'cougar' thing hadn't actually been relevant to the case - I would have preferred if it had just been a fact of the case rather than being the (indirect) motive behind the killings.

The method of murder was pretty ridiculous, BTW - we've gotten some real doozies over the years on these CSI shows, but this one was right up there. An improvised lightning rod attached to a lifeguard station on the beach leading to a volleyball court with a frayed wire and some sweaty, barefoot hunks surrounded by whatever those crystals were, just waiting for a convenient 'bolt from the blue'...riiiight.

Eddie Cibrian is refreshingly low key in a show that often tends to be over the top, but he fits in wonderfully with the cast. Jesse is easy going and affable and so far seems to get along with the rest of the CSI team.
I'm really liking Jesse so far - his introduction has been great. :D

The same is true of Walter Simmons, whose humor makes him another welcome addition to the show. Played by the engaging Omar Benson Miller, Simmons is a genial and warm-hearted presence, as well as a capable lab hand. Miami cycles through lab techs more than any of the other CSI shows, but word is that Miller has been made a regular, and indeed, he gets to share more of the spotlight than most Miami techs would when he accompanies Jesse to question Amanda as a “wingman” slash bodyguard to ensure that Amanda doesn’t put the moves on the comely CSI.
I loved Walter, and I'm really glad to know that he's going to be sticking around. (Even if the lovely Travers does seem to have disappeared despite having his name mentioned twice this season. ;)) Omar is fabulous, and I really enjoyed Walter's interaction with Jesse. I hope we get to see more of those two working together. :D

Back