Review: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation-'Working Stiffs'

CSI Files

Captain
The Vegas team tracks a killer… while the audience watches him go about his daily business at work and try to elude capture.Synopsis:The audience witnesses Paulie Krill, an office drone in the support ops department for the Tangiers, kill a man in the woods and then sees him go to work the next day, while [...]

More...

Great review, as usual. :)

This was an interesting episode - I didn't mind so much that the team took a back seat because the story and the guest stars made it interesting. As long as it's just an occasional thing, it works for me. :)

The stuff with Langston's DNA (I guess this was what they meant by those original rumors before the character was introduced about him having DNA that made him predisposed to violence) was okay, but I'll admit I don't care too much. What someone does is more important than what their genetic code says they may be more likely to do - but with what has happened, I can see him wondering if that plays a role. And if I found out I had some sort of anomaly in my genetics that might affect my behavior, I'm sure I'd be a bit preoccupied with it at least for a while...

I'm curious to know more about Langston, but if we've taken more than 9 years to get to know everybody else, we don't have to know everything about Langston in a season or two. So hopefully they'll slack off a bit with the Langston info-dump, although I'm not holding my breath (he is the new leading man, and it's Laurence effing Fishburne playing the role :p, so of course that's going to influence how the show is written - but a girl can hope ;)).

The only problem with the guest stars was that my mom kept talking about "Fred" (Ben Feldman's character on Drop Dead Diva) and saying "We thought you was a frog" (which is apparently a line from O Brother, Where Art Thou?, although I've never seen the movie). :lol:

PS It kind of sucks when half of my comments always seem to be complaining about how much of the show is about Langston - so now I'm complaining about how much of my comments are about Langston. *shakes fist* Drat! :p

Back