Review: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation--'Wild Life'

CSI Files

Captain
The murder of a couple proves to be anything but open-and-shut, while a man’s plunge from a hotel room leads the CSIs to a room part gone wrong. Synopsis: A man named Brad Malone, clad in nothing but his boxers, plunges to his death from a room at the Eclipse motel. Catherine learns the man [...]

More...

GRAUK :p

This episode was definitely a lot of fun. Both cases provided some memorable moments, although I do have to say the 'threeway' was my favorite part. :lol: I also loved the girl flirting with Nick at the beginning.

BTW, I'm noticing a pattern with Nick and Langston going to the odd/kinky places together (the panty sniffing thing, werewolves and vampires convention, now this pillow club - there may be more, but those are the three that immediately come to mind). :p

I'm going to try this again.

I'll make it much shorter this time.

The reenactment had me laughing. Nick's face was classic. "I'm excited, this is my first three way." Or whatever he said kept me laughing.

The cases were classic CSI. The silly cat/bird one was very much like Crows Feet from Season 5. Same with the sex and the blood spatter in the hotel case. Reminded me of Viva Las Vegas.

The writers are channeling that same energy from previous seasons to keep long time viewers interested. So far it's working. This season is great for keeping fans interested in why we watch the show in the first place.

And not to get too shippy but, I'm sure you know, I have been rooting for Catherine and Lou since the end of season 6.
It sort of broke my heart some that they made his character insecure. He wants their relationship to be more than just 'mind blowing sex'. Catherine called them a couple so I think it's more than that, they are just both being stubborn.

He's a man and a cop and his ego go deflated. But, I really don't want him to turn into the insecure clingy one in their relationship. What made them great is that they were supposedly beyond all of that.

Catherine has been hurt, trampled on, and taken advantage of. She's not going to give her heart away that easily. But, they way she was reacting to Sara's questions about her and him in last seasons Better Off Dead, it seems she has fallen for Vartann.

These new women writers also tend to parallel Cath and Vartann's issues with the cases. It draws people in to see how the case reflects what's happening with the character's personal lives. I like that.

I have always enjoyed your reviews. Only twice have I disagreed with you. Once when you commented on how Sara was the only person for Grissom. And now, the end of Catherine and Lou's relationship. I am eternally optimistic that she will leave CSI either making amends with her relationship with Vartann or they have split on the very best of terms.

BTW, I'm noticing a pattern with Nick and Langston going to the odd/kinky places together (the panty sniffing thing, werewolves and vampires convention, now this pillow club - there may be more, but those are the three that immediately come to mind). :p

Yeah that's kinda true but Nick did go with Catherine to the sex shop place in Sqweegel

They've actually all gone to strange, weird places. Sara punched out a gal and a anti-gov. rally, Greg bumming around at coin shops, and the 3-way all in the name of "an experiment" w/ Nick, Cath and Ray. Ray and Sara with the German spies. Last night it re-ran "Lovers Lane" and Nick and Cath, were at a place where a dead guy was, and covered in bugs, in a dumpster. The "House Of Hoarders" with Sara, Greg and Nick EWWWW:(to many, after 11 seasons to mention~

Last edited:
The pillow club made me think of an NY episode. The episode with the frozen vodka. (Sorry I'm horrible with episode titles)

I'm laughing about your Nick/Ray connection Fay. Didn't think about it before, until the 'three way' comment. ;)

Back