Review: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation--'Unshockable'

CSI Files

Captain
The Vegas team is on the case when the Rascal Flatts’ bassist is nearly fatally electrocuted during a concert.Analysis:popular country group Rascal Flatts is performing in Las Vegas when bassist Jay DeMarcus receives a near-fatal shock while playing during the concert. Jay is rushed to the hospital, while jump bass tech Travis Murray steps in [...]

More...

Great review as always. :)

The cases definitely felt disjointed and way too different to be in the same episode. The Rascal Flatts storyline was kind of silly, and the CIA story was just odd and, as you said, overly convoluted.

The Rascal Flatts guys weren't horrible, but they're obviously musicians rather than actors. They could have been worse, but that's not something I generally want to say about guest stars on a show like this - I always prefer guest stars who are actors (or the occasional good musician-turned-actor). :lol:

I doubt the guy would be back on stage the next night, recovered from the amnesia and the physical trauma of the electrocution - seriously, there was burnt skin on the guitar, his fingertips would be jacked up. And there are a lot of nerve endings in your fingertips. I can't see rushing back to the stage to pick up a bass asap after that sort of injury.

Also, the motive was stupid. The crazy fangirl was fun, though.

I'm curious to see where they're going with this Langston/his father/the CIA stuff. I wondered if they might be setting up for an exit for the character, but that seems like a waste, especially when they seem to really like Fishburne - I know fans are split on the character, but unless they think getting rid of him will magically bring back all of the viewers that ditched the show, I don't know what good it would do to get rid of him...I guess we'll see what happens as the season continues.

I'm starting to like Langston. He's very good in my opinion. He adds a different kind of substance to the show. If the writers are preparing for Langston's exit, I don't know what to feel. If they think it's for the greater good of the show, why not. What if like me, many are starting to accept Langston? I don't like what happened to Riley. She just left with harsh comments about Cath's leadership.

I always liked Laurence Fishburne and have seen many of his movies but he's just fantastic on CSI, good choice writers and thank's. His expertise, his in tune with the team, how he likes them and visa versa. He's cool and brilliant and knows his focus. The CIA Nazi/German who-done-it episode brought out some of his best acting ever. Very intriguing and suspensful, Him speaking German.:wtf: HIs camraderie with his co-worker Sara was also captivating He's a master of all he surveys, and still a bit of a mystery as well. I find no fault at all with him. He's brought class, style and elegance to the show~ One word to describe him might be SMOOTH. The other part of the show for me just didn't fit in:rolleyes: they could have had this part B fill the whole hour~

I like your review.

The Rascall Flatts were okay. The case was predictable but that was the idea. I think they just wanted to be on the show and play themselves and they got to do that.

The other case, started out good, but like you said, got too twisted and confusing.
Am I the only one who noticed that Ray said on two separate occasions (to Mac in the cross-over) that his father served in Korea. Why would the CIA guy ask if Ray knew about his father's time in Vietnam? To me, that is more interesting than the retired agent wanting to die with some sort of glory other than being hit over the head by his son.

Methinks there is more to Ray than we know. ;)

OH, for sure there's more to this character Langston, then meets the eye. All kinds of clues and he is a mystery. Time will tell, I liked the intrigue and suspense of his role in "Unshockable" if left one full of angst and what the H is going on, pure CSI, I think. And another thing about this character is the calm, soothing effect he's got on all the team. They listen to him but he's never bossy or controlling, and listens to all of them as well. The only time ever saw anyone get in his face or on his case was Riley:rolleyes:

Back