Review: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation--'The Lost Girls'

CSI Files

Captain
The big CSI crossover event concludes in Vegas as Langston continues his desperate search for the missing Madeline Briggs. Synopsis: Security at the Tangiers catches sight of a prostitute being murdered in back of the hotel. When Brass arrives at the scene, he’s irritated to find Langston isn’t answering his phone. Nick finds the CSI on the [...]

More...

Excellent review as usual. :)

The way they introduced the Big Bad gang in the Miami episode made me assume the climax of the trilogy would involve the gang*. On the one hand, I like that each show had a separate story within the overall story, but as a whole they didn't really feel like one big storyline. They had some things that tied together, but it didn't feel like a real trilogy. I dunno, I guess it would be hard to really combine three shows that, while in the same franchise, are all very different.

In any case, finding Madeline felt a bit anticlimactic after chasing her for three episodes. I'm glad they found her alive, and I'm glad Langston got some closure - but it was a bit disappointing.

Mark Sheppard is great, but am I the only one who was a bit confuzzled by his accent? :wtf:

* Although I suppose it is a very Miami thing that seems out of place on NY or Vegas - Miami is the one that deals with big dramatic eeeeevil gangs (and takes them down).

I thought they were all excellent, over the top and what a great concept from the writers.:bolian: CSI/Miami, Horatio and Ray bonding and great respect for one another, awesome cast. Then jumping over to N.Y also great camraderie between the two stars Ray and Mac. and their great team. All working in conjunction to get these low-life scum bags who were doing these horrific crimes to poor unsuspecting girls. All working together on the same thing. Then Langston going home and that whole story, and the wonderful Vegas. So many creep/freak shows in all 3, but Dr. Ray forging ahead to try and get closure for Madeline's mom.. and he did:thumbsup: The last scene was so poignant and compelling, we all cried. Good job to all A+

CSI felt a lot like a stand-alone episode. There was no Horatio, no Mac. It was all Langston doing his thing. It didn't felt in anyway a part of the trilogy. Which I thought worked well (and to be honest, I thought last night's episode felt more 'traditional' to the franchise--which always pleases me).

I think Miami and NY have changed so much style wise, writing wise and direction wise that I just wasn't 'hooked' into their stories. Some changes are good here and there, it is almost as if they've completely changed their shows.

I read Ken Tucker's take on last night's wrap-up, and I have to agree with this comment:

Last night’s CSI demonstrated the way these stories should be told. Instead of the cornball tough-guy dialogue that typified the other two editions (“It’s not gonna end in Miami, is it?”; “Let’s go get this guy, Mac”), there were long periods of blessed silence on the mothership CSI. Storytelling was done through action — watching Langston, Willows, Stokes, and the gang conduct lab experiments on evidence, and share it in urgent murmurs.

That's something I've always enjoyed with Las Vegas. Most of their storytelling isn't done through the big physical action sequences like the other two shows (which is becoming so overdone :rolleyes:), but by processing evidence and focusing on the science, which made these shows a success.

Back