Review: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation--'Sqweegel'

CSI Files

Captain
The team meets their match when they encounter a forensic-proof killer. Synopsis: Margot Wilton, a wealthy philanthropist recently given the key to the city of Las Vegas, is attacked in her home. The CSI team arrives at the scene and notices Margot’s key to the city plaque turned upside down and find several pictures of [...]

More...

Excellent review, as always. :)

I was curious about this episode since I've read the Level 26 books, and I was wondering how they would tie a book character into a TV episode. The Level 26 books are very visual anyway (because of the cyber bridges), but I wasn't sure how the storylines would fit together. In fact, I'm still wondering how they fit together. :lol: I'm not sure how canon this episode is wrt the books.

Regardless of whether "Sqweegel" was canon or partially canon or just an homage to the series, I enjoyed the episode. I did think the hourglass scene was kind of pointless, though. Langston's "I'm not cute?" scene was fun, and I liked the reference to Nick's stalker.

Hopefully this episode will get more people interested in Level 26. As a fan of the books, I was glad to see Daniel Browning Smith squeeze back into a Sqweegel suit and creep around some more. ;)

(BTW, I would totally notice a hole in my bedroom ceiling - brb checking under the bed, though. :p)

According to Anthony Zuiker, Daniel Browning Smith was the contortionist in the NY episode Blood, Sweat, and Tears.

And I like you, checked under my bed and in the closet for Sqweelgel.

Thanks for the review!!!
I just watched the episode and I think it is definitely the best episode so far this season.I liked the fact that Greg got more screentime on this one.The case was great too and I'm now expecting the return of Sqweegel later in the season!!

Back