Review: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation--'Neverland'

CSI Files

Captain
The CSIs are shocked when evidence indicates the murder of a fourteen-year-old boy is linked to a man who has been in prison for over two years. Synopsis: An early morning anonymous 911 call from a payphone alerts the CSIs to the body of a boy dumped in the desert. Doc Robbins determines that the boy likely [...]

More...

Excellent review, as usual. :)

This was a really sad episode - Will was just a clever kid who became the victim of a series of very unfortunate events. :(

Good point about why they probably chose to use an 'old' case we've never seen rather than one we'd remember from a previous episode. It's always a bit frustrating when they tell you all about something that happened x-many years ago and you're supposed to feel invested despite never having heard of it before - but like you said, if the case was from an old episode, it would be something bigger than just a casual mention. Why bring back characters and a storyline from a previous episode if you don't have a very good reason for doing so?

Will's death was a tragedy, Steve seemed like a kid who did stupid stuff and got in over his head - but Mason was a little jerk. Trying to cash in on Will's death like that? I'm not saying he deserved to get whacked over the head with a baseball bat and end up in the hospital, but I definitely can't blame Steve for getting angry at him. :scream:

I'm curious to see where the Nate Haskell mention leads - the team is still chasing Dr Jekyll, so why bring up Haskell now when they already have an ongoing storyline?

Thanks for the great recap and analysis!
I agree that this was one of their better episodes in awhile.
A very sad and tragic episode; which, unfortunately, is the kind of episode CSI does best.

Back