Review: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation--'Cold Blooded'

CSI Files

Captain
Hodges is excited when a murder investigation leads the CSIs to the Walking with Dinosaurs show. Synopsis: The body of a man is found in the desert with large bite marks on his chest. Doc Robbins determines he died not from the wounds from the bite but from having his brain rattled around in his [...]

More...

Great review, as usual. :)

The motive in the dinosaur case was really dumb (although I suppose identifying with dinosaurs is a welcome change from people identifying with vampires and werewolves :p), but it was totally worth it to see Hodges with the dinosaurs. :lol:

The other case was really sad. I felt so bad for Carly, desperately trying to find her daughter - and basically losing her all over again when she got the news at the end. :( Great acting from Jessica Hecht and George in their scenes.

I like Frankie so far, and I hope Katee comes back to do more episodes - but I agree with you, I do hope they give her some real depth if they keep her around. :)

Great review. :D

Interesting that the Vampire/werewolf episode didn't get the ratings that this one did. Both were quite silly in my book.

Hodges was totally in his element. You pinned that aspect of him. He could be going all out silly and wanting to get out in the field because the lab reminds him too much of Wendy? My thought there.

The other case was heartbreaking. I'm a bit confused about Nick. Last week he was unbending and callous toward the Hoarder, but the other night was beyond sympathetic toward Carly. And like you said was without a doubt convinced that she didn't kill Phil.

As for Katee, with her character description, she seems to be taking over what Detective Vartann once did; the off color remarks and the lack of sensitivity. Which goes again to prove my point that he is now on the show to be Cath's bf. :rolleyes:
Not like I mind her, she is a great actress. I do hope you are right and the writers give her some better material to work with. Make her a bit deeper than the red-headed ass of a detective.

The other case was heartbreaking. I'm a bit confused about Nick. Last week he was unbending and callous toward the Hoarder, but the other night was beyond sympathetic toward Carly. And like you said was without a doubt convinced that she didn't kill Phil.

Perhaps part of it was that the Hoarder was initially the prime suspect in the case, and Nick's sympathies were with the victim. Whereas Carly was a more visible victim rather than a suspect, even back when the case was fresh.

Back