Review: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation--'Bittersweet'

CSI Files

Captain
Things get personal for Sara when a convicted killer becomes the main suspect in a new murder case, and the team discovers that a dead man was drowned in an unusual substance. Synopsis: Nick is at an art gallery opening with Doc Robbins’ niece Callie, and he notices fluid dripping from a block of cement [...]

More...

Great review.

I really liked how they showed that both DB and Sara were passionate about the case and nailing the killer while showing the difference between the two. DB is able to stay professional while Sara crosses the line.

I agree that Jorja did a great job in this episode. Sara may not be my favorite and sometimes it is her passion clouding her judgement that annoys me, but Jorja always knocks it out of the park.

I also agree that DB seems almost paternal in his dealings with most of the team. I kind of like that for a change of pace and it makes sense since they're making DB's love of his family a big part of his character.

Thanks, Rachel!

I didn't care much for the lighter B case, but the A case was powerful, and terribly sad and dark, the kind that CSI tends to do very well.

I agree, Jorja did an awesome job in this episode. Her shock at the end when she saw Colleen was heartbreaking. These types of no-win cases are what drove Sara to burn out before, and DB seemed to sense this and was there for her. (Although, I would have preferred Gil. :)) But, it was a great scene at the end with Jorja and Ted. I also loved Sara's scenes with Ed Burrows, the father, and Gina.

I usually empathize with Sara and her passion for the job, and I guess that's why she is my favorite character. When she goes a little over the line or acts a little unprofessional, I can feel her anger and frustration and can't help but root for her. I suspect the writers want the audience to feel that same frustration Sara feels with the job and the system; and they want us to get angry about it, like Sara does. And Jorja always does a great job with her character in bringing the audience into the emotions of a case.

A great episode and a great review!

Back