Reiter: It's Hard To Commit

CSI Files

Captain
On the bubble for renewal for the second year in a row, CSI: New York‘s executive producers have no choice but to write a finale that works as both a season*and*series finale. Executive Producers*Pam Veasey*and Zachary Reiter*provide insight to CSI Files as to what might happen. CSI: NY*narrowly escaped cancellation last year after receiving an [...]

More...

Re: Reiter: It?s Hard To Commit

How can they toy with my emotions like this? :eek:

I know bringing Rikki back is a long shot and her breaking up Danny and the Albatross is an even longer shot, but even the slightest possiblity has me giddy as a school girl. :p :shifty:

Haha, naughty Shane, was it your idea to bring up Rikki? ;) I wouldn't mind bringing her back, if only to see how she's been doing since Ruben died - and to see how Danny deals with that part of his past after the years have passed. It would be interesting to see, although I have no desire to have anything turn into some sort of tug of war over Danny. Boring.

I'm not resigning myself to the inevitable just yet, but I'm not being delusional about the show's chances. We were lucky to get an extra season, and I'll be pleased with that if the show gets canceled. Few series last so long, and the franchise has been strong for a full decade. I'll wish the cast and crew well, and hopefully we'll see them in new projects soon.

In the meantime, I'm not ready to let go of CSI:NY just yet. I'll sob like a baby when the finale airs (again), regardless of the network's decision, but we'll see what happens in the end.

Haha, naughty Shane, was it your idea to bring up Rikki? ;) I wouldn't mind bringing her back, if only to see how she's been doing since Ruben died - and to see how Danny deals with that part of his past after the years have passed. It would be interesting to see, although I have no desire to have anything turn into some sort of tug of war over Danny. Boring.

I personally think the only reason they'd ever bring her back is to villianize her so DL fans can get closure on Danny "cheating" on Lindsay so I wouldn't want her back. I think your scenario would be nice, but since TPTB reduced the entire Ruben/Danny/Rikki storyline to a "bump in the road for Danny and Lindsay" on the S4 DVDs I highly doubt they'd bring her back for any interesting reason if they were to suprise the audience and actually bring her back.

I'm not resigning myself to the inevitable just yet, but I'm not being delusional about the show's chances. We were lucky to get an extra season, and I'll be pleased with that if the show gets canceled. Few series last so long, and the franchise has been strong for a full decade. I'll wish the cast and crew well, and hopefully we'll see them in new projects soon.

I have a nasty habit of always thinking the worst case scenario will happen so I'm not overly disappointed if it does happen, but I'm trying to remain hopeful that S9 will happen. With the last minute renewal last season and the reduced episode order for this season it's been hard, I admit.

In the meantime, I'm not ready to let go of CSI:NY just yet. I'll sob like a baby when the finale airs (again), regardless of the network's decision, but we'll see what happens in the end.

I just hope they come up with another winner of an episode like they did with last season's finale. Most of the finales have been good, though, so I don't think they'll have a problem satisfying the majority of the fans so there is enough closure if it does end and enough storylines to continue if it doesn't.

I don't want to string people along, but it's just an article (no idea when it will post) about what NY was going to do when Rikki was set to come back in Season Five.

I don't want to string people along, but it's just an article (no idea when it will post) about what NY was going to do when Rikki was set to come back in Season Five.

It's gonna be something I don't want to know but won't be able to resist reading anyway. I can see it now. :lol: :shifty: :p

Verrrrry curious. I imagine the show would have taken a much different turn if the writers (or the network) hadn't decided to write Anna's pregnancy into the show. I think it would have been better drama-wise, given that Danny and Lindsay have been totally stagnant and dull since the marriage in season five--or I guess if you're being generous, the drama in season six after Danny got shot.

Back