Regarding Spoilers: Everyone Please Read.

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ThumpyG42, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

Ok, guys…due to the ‘No Man’s Land/Man Down’ two parter we’ve had a bit of confusion about which spoilers are allowed to be posted in which threads.

speed_cochrane and I decided that maybe a brief refresher is in order. It’s not required, but if y’all could post and let us know that you’ve read and understood this thread it would be greatly appreciated.

Let’s get started:

What spoilers are allowed to be posted in the Spoiler Lab Thread?

In short, any and all spoilers can be posted in the Spoiler Lab thread without having to use the spoiler code as the thread is clearly marked as containing spoilers for all of Season 5. Just please be sure to read the first post of the Spoiler Lab thread for all the required guidelines.

What spoilers are allowed to be posted in the episode specific threads?

The only spoilers that are allowed to be posted in an episode specific thread are those that pertain to that particular episode. Spoilers pertaining to any other episode do not belong in these threads in any shape, form, or fashion. Please confine those to the Spoiler Lab thread.

Should discussing the preview for next week be contained in spoiler code?

While the previews are aired on television all week long and are posted online by CBS, we have recently decided that here in the Miami forum discussion of previews also falls under the spoiler heading.

As to when to use the spoiler code: It depends. If you post it in the Spoiler Lab thread, then no…there’s no need to use spoiler code. If you are posting it in any other thread, then yes, please use the spoiler code out of courtesy for those who wish to remain spoiler free.

When are we allowed to discuss an episode in unmarked threads without using spoiler code?

Once the episode has aired in all North American time zones you are allowed to discuss it in any threads not marked with a spoiler tag (character/actor threads, etc.) without having to use spoiler code. 1:00 am EST is the very earliest this will be allowed. To be safe you could add a couple of extra hours to that time.

What can happen if I continually post spoilers in the wrong thread?

If you continue to post spoilers in inappropraite threads after being asked by a mod to stop, then you may possibly receive an Official Warning, according to the Board Rules.

In short, if you are not sure something is a spoiler or not, please use the spoiler code. Better safe than sorry, right? ;)

To those who are trying to remain spoiler free.

Please know that we are doing our utmost to prevent anyone from being spoiled who does not wish to be, but as we are not able to be online all the time, spoilers do sometimes slip through. You read these threads at your own risk.

If anyone sees anything they think should be behind spoiler code, but isn't please send a pm to either speed_cochrane or myself directing us to the post in question and if any edits need to be made, we will make them. :)

I think that covers it for now. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask them in this thread. Thanks guys!

2. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Thanks Thumpy. Dummy me had accidently posted a spoiler in the wrong thread without thinking. I try to watch which thread I'm in. I get confused at times. LOL Feeling better?

3. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I read and understand. :) Thanks.

4. athlov

athlov Guest

Got it, had it, won't loose it...

I read and understand. :p

5. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

I red and understood

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Understood.

7. SincerelyInDenial

SincerelyInDenial Police Officer

read and duly noted!

8. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

Read and understood.

9. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Read and understood. :)

10. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Okey dokey.

11. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Read and understood Jen ;) (And Geni)

12. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

Got it. Thanks for explaining so clearly. ;)

13. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

I think it was just the two-parter that was messing everybody up, because no-one knew whether it was okay to post about the second episode of the two parter in the thread for the first.

Thanks for the refresher though, very clear and concise. :)

14. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

read and totally understood :)

15. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

I understand, thank you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.