Ratings differences between the various CSI shows

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Islandgirl, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

Seems like every week there are fewer differences in the Nielsen ratings for the various CSI shows. Last year "CSI" the top-rated show, the Miami versios was generaly fourth or fifth and the NYC version (my personal fave) just barely edged into the top ten.
    This year the original show has been bumped to second place during most weeks, the Miami version is staying about where it's always been and NYC is moving up to 7th or 8th. For last week (Oct. 9-15) "CSI:NY" was actually ranked higher (6th) than the Miami version (8th).

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Sometimes it has to do with what is on the other networks opposite the CSI shows. Grey's Anatomy moved from Sundays and is a strong opponent to the original. New York used to compete against Law & Order, but this year L&O was moved to Fridays.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I was glad to hear that NY beat Miami last week. I don't have anything against Miami, but it's nice to see that NY is getting a lot of viewers. :D

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

CSI L vs Grey's Anatomy
    CSI M vs. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
    CSI N vs. Medium (As of November 15th)

Originally "Medium" was on the NBC Monday night timeslot, until after its season finale it went on hiatus.

LMFAO I am sorry to laugh but you know if you put the three CSI's together and use only the first letter of their city In the order they were brought out. It spells out another network. LMN (Lifetime Movie Network). :lol:

Okay sorry moving back on topic. :)

5. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Funny, I was just thinking this same thing tonight as I was perusing Zap 2 Zit! There's a lot less disparity between the shows/rankings this year, for probably a variety of reasons, the shows they're all up against being only one reason, I'm sure. And Faylinn, I confess to thinking the same thing when I saw NY was ranked higher than Miami last week - although nothing against Miami, I love it, it's my 2nd fave CSI show, after NY. But it was satisfying to see NY doing #6 in the ratings, and also winning it's time slot every single week, this season.

Of course, I know ratings don't really count as far as how we feel about our shows - we like what we like, whether the ratings for it are high or low. But I do find it highly gratifying that NY is seeming to finally find it's audience, and is staying (so far, *knocks on wood*) steady in the ratings, or slowly climbing. NY has always been a bit of a "red-headed stepchild" of sorts amongst the franchise, since it came last and was also last in the ratings. So I guess it's just nice to see it coming around, and really finding it's footing. I used to see tons of folks on the boards saying "I only watch the original, I don't watch the spinoffs - kind of like the spinoffs were lepers. Now I see alot of fans who watch all three, or even some (including me) who only watch the spinoffs. Heck, I'm a great example - my nic is MBGrissom, but I don't even watch Grissom or the Vegas CSI anymore! :lol: (And it's too much of a hassle to change my nic to MBTaylor, I'll just settle for the sexy avatar!)

I think all 3 shows are great, and it's a strong and entertaining franchise despite the flack it has consistenly gotten from the critics and media (and don't even get me started on the Emmys - or lack thereof). They may not be the "water cooler" shows, but the ratings show that folks love them, and watch them all in droves. 17 to 23 million viewers per week is nothing to sneeze at!

6. athens

athens Coroner

Is really good that all the 3 CSI shows got their viwers and their fanatics!..all three are fantastic shows,and deserve it! :D

7. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I think it's just that the time has come for procedurals. Comedies had their day and then came the Law and Order juggernaut. Now it's CSI's turn. Yay Bruckheimer!

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

THE TOP 20 SHOWS.. and their score in ratings are listed on the TV Media thread..for you info. ;)

9. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

Has nayone else realised that the states go in alphebetical order?
    CSI: Las Vegas
    CSI: Miami
    CSI: New York
    Sorry to go completley off topic, but I noticed it in Destiny's post lol :lol:
    But yeah, its good that the CSI's each have a huge fanbase and things, it would really suck if one of them had like the majority, then one of them had like no one following