Radio Livestreams!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by BlueCurl, Sep 9, 2007.

1. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Since I got bored with the regular radiostations here in Holland I was wondering if any of you guys had any English languaged websites of radiostation who also have a livestream version (either winamp or windows media player) of broadcasting. Just so I can listen to something else for a change!

2. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Well, I don't think last.fm has a livestream version, but you can download a program and listen to any kind of music you want. All you need to do is register and download the client.

http://last.fm

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

There is a free music stream called MusicOfYourLife.com that is a network of radio stations across the United States. They mostly play old pop standards from Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr, Tom Jones, Englebert Humperdinck, Ella Fitzgerald, Barry Manilow, Dean Martin, Barbara Streisand, and others. You know, the stuff old fogies like me listens to. The station lineup is a bit outdated, but you can listen over the internet. But it is NOT recommended for dialup.

Some of their show hosts are Peter Marshall (Hollywood Squares), Wind Martindale (Gambit and Tic Tac Dough), Deanna Martin (Dean's daughter and a singer herself), and Gary Owens (Laugh-In).

The internet live stream of music seems to work better on Internet Explorer (sorry to say) than Firefox and Netscape, but it appears to be down this weekend. Might be back up on Monday.

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^^^ I know that the iTunes player has a radio section that differs from local, to international stations. :) I rarely use it, but it's great if my own music selection grows a bit thin.

I also listen to thebearrocks.com which is my local rock station and christianrock.net has free streaming radio as well. :)

5. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

I am not particulair looking for livestreams that primarily only do internet like found on iTunes or Winamp. Just known radio stations whom also have a livestream up...

But thanks for the reply's so far!

6. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

Well Z100 "New Yorks #1 hit music station!" has live streaming. Z100.com