Quick Refresher-EVERYONE please read

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by HoratioAndMe, Oct 23, 2005.

1. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

This is being posted as a reminder to posters who have been around awhile and those who are new to the boards:

Banner size :

Signature banners cannot be larger then 220x75 but you are more then welcome to make them smaller. You can have text in your signature alone, but not along with a banner. You’ll have to choose, you can’t have both.
    As of yet, banners and icons that are animated is allowed.

Adding a banner in signature :
    At the top of the page are some links: Main Index, FAQ’s, etc. Among these is the one that reads My Home. If you click that it will take you to your Message Box, below that is Main Configuration, there you will see Personal information, email, password, etc. beside it is a link that reads edit. After you click that it will take you to Edit profile, if you scroll down the page you will come to the Signature box. Enter the URL for your banner there between [image] [*/image] (be sure to remove the asterisk though) and click ‘preview to make sure it works (You do not need a certain amount of posts to have a banner).

Adding an avatar
    At this site you must have 100 posts before you can get an avatar. After reaching that many posts you go to the same page as when you added your signature banner except you scroll down farther to your avatar option. If you want an avatar select URL to your avatar (100x100 max pixels, may be smaller) (.gif, .jpg, .png accepted) and enter your icons URL.

Image size
    When using an image in your post the length can be no larger then 480 pixels on the longest side. Smaller is fine. In many threads the same image shows up several times on one page, which makes the page load more slowly. Please, when reposting an image, post it as a link.

About Spoilers

While this thread is not the one to discuss specific episodes, (you can discuss new episodes in the forum for that show), there is often mention of episodes in threads here.
    When mentioning an episode to another poster (who has seen the episode) you have to be aware that there are other posters who are reading who may have NOT seen that certain episode yet. Exercising this caution should be done on ALL forums, not just this one
    I’ve also seen that in the quotes you won’t hear thread people like to ‘redo scenes’ from an episode they’ve just seen, not aware that this can be spoilerish to some people. When you do post something that may spoil an episode for someone, be sure to use spoiler tags at the beginning of your post. This should look similar to this:

Or if you’re not sure if what you’re posting is along the lines of Spoilers you can always put

Between the spoiler tag and the text you consider spoilerish it is always polite to have a spoiler space so no one who doesn’t want to read it does:

Also, even if the episode isn’t new—say last season—chances are that there is someone reading the forum that hasn’t seen it, right? Not every country is on the same episode as you are, and it’s always a plus to be courteous. Even we Moderators can’t catch every episode.

Once again, the casual mention of an episode is fine but staying on the topic of the forum you are in is important. If you’d like to discuss a new episode you can go the forum for that show and they will have a discussion thread for it up.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Here here! Pay attention folks. ;)
    And I would just like to add that the spoiler warnings cover pictures too.

Please try to be considerate of others out there, that's all we ask.

Thanks.
    :)

3. AlexxWoods

AlexxWoods CSI Level Three

What's a spoiler picture
    An episoden still for upcoming episodes?

4. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Spoiler pics do include those from upcoming episodes. Also, there are some countries who haven't aired past episodes. There are also people in the US who may've not have caught other episodes.

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yes- what HAM said. :)

However, spoilers are usually referring to episodes that haven't aired in North America yet (sorry rest of the world! :( ) where the episodes originate.

It is nice, though, to include a spoiler warning anyway if you are revealing info or pics from a particularly recent episode. :)

6. Guest

Guest Guest

yes thats true - i agree but i found out thats seson 6 is howing in england from 31st january 9pm channel 5! i can't find the welcomre thread.... :confused:

7. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

^^^ Its pinned a the top of this forum under the name 'YOU ARE HERE: Welcome to General CSI' here is the link. :)

8. CSIWanabe

CSIWanabe Rookie

Tahnx 4 the info hope im doing everything right!!!!!!!! :D

9. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

Yeah england only gets one showing of season 6 a week-Tuesday at 9 which SUCKS! :p

10. lantiscod

lantiscod Pathologist

Though I've been warned for times before...still give my attentions here again...:lol:

11. CSIVegasMiamiNY

YEah see Im quite lucky I live in England I cant really do spoilers!!! Which is a shame because i want to do tyhe magic trick with the spoiler tags!!! :( :p

12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

CSIVegasMiamiNY, you would think that in this day and age of satellites, you could get CSI episodes a lot sooner. Maybe even the same day as the United States premieres them. Well, you get Dr. Who and other series sooner then us. Maybe you can use those spoiler tags in the General TV and Media Forum.

13. CSIVegasMiamiNY

Oh yeah! :lol: And it would be awsome if we could get them sooner! oh and Dynamo1 I love your avator!!! :lol:

14. Guest

Guest Guest

15. CSIVegasMiamiNY

Oh we were just talking about getting episodes of CSI to the Uk sooner than haiving to wait like a year after u guys get them!