Question Re: Opening Credits

June_85

Lab Technician
This is something that has been bugging me for a while.

I dunno if anyone will know, or if anyone is as sad as me who's thought about it as much as I have LMAO

I always wondered what the relevance of the 'and' or 'with' credit some actors have in the opening credits. Ie:

Paul Guilfoyle, Rory Cochrane, Kim Delaney, Hill Harper & Eddie Cahill.

The reason this came to mind was because when Robert David Hall, Eric Szmanda & Louise Lombard were all added to the LV opening credits, they didn't have it and were credited before Paul Guilfoyle still

Same with Miami when both Kim Delaney and Rory Cochrane left, Jon Togo, Sofia Milos Rex Linn and Eva Le Rue don't have an 'and' or 'with' credit.

Initally way back when I first started watching CSI I thought it was order of importance, but as I got to know the shows and characters I learned it wasn't the case.

I just wondered what anyone elses opinion on it was, or am I the only person who's sad enough to think of it :lol:

When you have "and" or "with" in the opening credits, it represents a big time actor who isn't necessarily in a big role. Somebody with a lot of experience in Hollywood or at least more so then other actors, yet isn't in a top role. That is what I believe it represents.

pixies: Thats what I thought at first but last in sequences of Miami (Rex Linn) doesn't get it, neither did Sofia Milos or Jon Togo when they were all last, only Rory and Kim Delaney

mrb105: That actually makes alot of sense for LV and Miami, I wouldn't have said it was the case of Hill Harper though, but I'm not from the USA so I couldn't be a fair judge of that I guess, but your understanding of it does make sense to me

Wow pretty long list there!!! Some intresting stuff on there, I never knew he was on Fresh Prince! I love that show

Back