Procter: It's Going To Be A Challenge

CSI Files

Captain
CSI Files previously reported that Emily Procter (CSI: Miami’s Calleigh Duquesne) is expecting her first child with musician Paul Bryan. You can find an embedded video featuring Procter discussing names and hiding her baby bump after the jump! Procter and Bryan have discussed baby names, but they haven’t picked out anything yet. The couple has also [...]

More...

This was such an awesome interview! :thumbsup: Nice to see Emily looking so happy and glowing! :) I gather from the interview that she's just as puzzled as many of her (and Calleigh's) fans are regarding CBS' decision not to write her pregnancy into the show. And she's right that it's going to be quite a challenge to conceal her growing baby bump as her pregnancy progresses, especially in its later stages. And the nature of the show is going to make things even more interesting ... CSIM isn't a half-hour sitcom where a character can just sit on the couch or stand behind a kitchen counter cracking jokes for the entire episode.;) TPTB and the director(s) are really going to have to get creative! :lol: I must confess that I'm a bit curious to see how they're going to handle this. Anyway, I wish Emily a happy & healthy pregnancy and baby.

This was such an awesome interview! :thumbsup: Nice to see Emily looking so happy and glowing! :) I gather from the interview that she's just as puzzled as many of her (and Calleigh's) fans are regarding CBS' decision not to write her pregnancy into the show. And she's right that it's going to be quite a challenge to conceal her growing baby bump as her pregnancy progresses, especially in its later stages. And the nature of the show is going to make things even more interesting ... CSIM isn't a half-hour sitcom where a character can just sit on the couch or stand behind a kitchen counter cracking jokes for the entire episode.;) TPTB and the director(s) are really going to have to get creative! :lol: I must confess that I'm a bit curious to see how they're going to handle this. Anyway, I wish Emily a happy & healthy pregnancy and baby.

When you mentioned sitcoms, that made me remember on The Nanny when the actress who played CC was pregnant in real life and they didn't write it on the show. CC was talking to Maxwell about some play and said it was obviously the lead actress was pregant, but instead of adding it into the play, they just hit her behind huge objects... and as CC was saying this, her belly was hidden behind this HUGE bag LOL. I think later in the series CC was pregnant with the butler's baby, but I'm not sure if at that time the actress was pregnant again or not.

Again, I'm happy for Emily and Paul. I hope she has a happy, healthy pregnancy and I'm sure the baby will be adorable. :)

When you mentioned sitcoms, that made me remember on The Nanny when the actress who played CC was pregnant in real life and they didn't write it on the show. CC was talking to Maxwell about some play and said it was obviously the lead actress was pregant, but instead of adding it into the play, they just hit her behind huge objects... and as CC was saying this, her belly was hidden behind this HUGE bag LOL. I think later in the series CC was pregnant with the butler's baby, but I'm not sure if at that time the actress was pregnant again or not.

I remember that! Oh, how I love The Nanny, even years later. I still get excited seeing repeats on Nick at Nite... :lol:

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I think it will be a challenge for them to hide Emily's pregnancy, but not impossible. CSI:Miami is an action show. They could've taken the easy route and said "ok, we'll write it in" so that they'd have an easier, built-in excuse for when she's not chasing down criminals and shooting guns. Now, they'll have to probably utilize Emily's stunt double and film her from behind if they want Calleigh to be the same. Or, they could make up a non-pregnancy medical excuse for her not being in the lab as often. There is the ongoing lung thing that could work.

I'd love it if they told us the baby's sex, but I understand why they're keeping it to themselves until the kid is born. :)

Back