Players Are On The Case In 'Deadly Intent'

CSI Files

Captain
More details have emerged about the latest <I>CSI</I> game, <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Deadly Intent</I> for Nintendo DS (NDS), Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360 and PC.<p><I>CSI: Deadly Intent</I> features five cases written by the <I>CSI</I> writers. Players can work alongside the Las Vegas CSIs, including newcomers Ray Langston (<font color=yellow>Laurence Fishburne</font>) and Riley Adams (<font color=yellow>Lauren Lee Smith</font>). The game has an immersive experience due to more realistic graphics and lighting, and the characters have enhanced acting and lip synch with the voices from the <I>CSI</I> actors.<p>During the game, players collect evidence, perform interrogations and analyze evidence as a crime scene investigator. The improved interrogation system provides more realistic character interaction. Players get to the truth by asking questions and using evidence collected from the crime scene. Evidence collection techniques include dusting for fingerprints and uncovering hidden items through observation. The game allows players to test DNA and perform microscopic analysis.<p>The NDS version of the game has four exclusive extra cases. <I>CSI: Deadly Intent (The Hidden Cases)</i> was created to utilize the NDS touch screen for a "pick up and play" experience. The unique structure of <I>The Hidden Cases</I> unveils the truth when all of the cases are tied together.<p>The original information, including screenshots from the game, is from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=65338">WorthPlaying</a>. <I>CSI: Deadly Intent</I> is scheduled for release on October 20.<center></center>

Nintendo DS is that little hand-held thing, right? I can't stand playing games on a tiny screen like that anyway... but I wish the PC version had downloadable add-on cases/levels like the Diner Dash games do. I'll be buying the PC version, but I might rent the Wii version just to see what it's like playing with that kind of remote. :lol:

I saw a preview of the game and the characters do not look as much like the actors as they do in all the other games, but they're not as horribly represented as the NY ones in the NY game either. Riley especially looks way off to me from what I could tell.

Let's see I have WII, Nintendo DS and a pc. I wonder how much it'll cost to get the game for all three. :lol:

I might get the Nintendo DS one, only because it has four extra cases. I wish there was more than just five or at least let you download more.

The pictures on that link only show Langston, no one else. Even with games we don't get our favorite characters. :guffaw:

The pic of Langston, though, really does look like him.

Here's the preview that I saw. It's from eb games' website. After you first hit play, hit pause real quick and let the video load completely before you try to view it because otherwise it stutters and that's really irritating. :lol: It cuts off after a bit and during the middle of one of Ray's sentences. :lol:

There are five screenshots under the video though. :) One is Ray and Brass in an interrogation and one is Doc and Ray and one is just ray. The other two pics are suspects/witnesses.

I wonder if Marg is actually doing this one because the last game it was not her doing Catherine's voice. However, the girl doing it was pretty good and sounded like her.

ETA: Ugh, where are my manners. Thanks for posting that vid. I'll check it out, again, when I get home.

Hey at least they showed Greg in that. :lol:

Last edited:
I wonder if Marg is actually doing this one because the last game it was not her doing Catherine's voice. However, the girl doing it was pretty good and sounded like her.

ETA: Ugh, where are my manners. Thanks for posting that vid. I'll check it out, again, when I get home.

Hey at least they showed Greg in that. :lol:

You're welcome. :) And I agree about Cath's voice in the last game. I didn't know it wasn't her until the end of the game. But the Sara one, even my brother (who walked by while I was playing the game) knew it wasn't Jorja and he doesn't even watch the show. He's seen it if I've been watching it and he just happens to be there, but he's not an avid watcher or anything. :lol:

Yeah, the preview probably wasn't put together by CBS, so that's probably why Greg was allowed to make an appearance. :lol:

Yeah, the preview probably wasn't put together by CBS, so that's probably why Greg was allowed to make an appearance. :lol:

You're probably right about that.

Well, I just went to Ubisoft's website. The game for the Nintendo DS doesn't have four 'extra' cases, it has only four different cases to utilize the touch screen.

So I'll probably be buying one for my laptop and then the one for my Nintendo DS. You know, I hope CSI appreciates all the money I spend on that show. :lol: Good think I got a Best Buy gift card for my birthday. :thumbsup:

Back