Phyllis Frelich Plays Mrs Grissom On 'CSI'

CSI Files

Captain
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation has cast Tony award-winning actress Phyllis Frelich to play the mother of former leading man Gil Grissom (William Petersen). More details (including spoilers) after the jump! According to Entertainment Weekly, Frelich (who is deaf in real life) will appear in the CSI episode tentatively scheduled to air February 3. She encounters [...]

More...

Looking forward to the episode. But why do an episode that centers around Grissom without him being present? :confused:

Because someone among TPTB still believes that the fans love GSR and will take any little scrap of it that they throw at us. Not me. Move on, I say. I still can't believe this didn't turn out to be a foiler.

Awesome casting!
I love Sara-centric episodes, and the Grissom connection is icing on the cake. I do hope we learn more about what Gil is doing these days. Surely his mother would know!
Looking so forward to this one!

I've never heard of this actress playing the mom, but she does look perfect for the part. I am glad that Marlee Matlin is playing the ex. I've always liked her.

Last edited:
I thought that Marlee will be somehow involved as soon as i heard that deaf mother of Grissom will show up ;) Great, that's a very good actress.
Never heard of Phyllis neither, wonder if she is hard of hearing too.

Yes, Phyllis is deaf like Marlee. She is the oldest of the 9 children. She went to deaf school.

Back