Photography Competition: Water - WINNERS UP!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueCurl, Sep 7, 2007.

1. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

[​IMG] CURRENT THEME [​IMG]
    Theme: Water
    Extra's: No lakes, oceans, rivers or canals
    Deadline for submitting a photograph:
    Friday 14th of September 2007 at 6pm GMT (this boards time)
    Late entries won't be accepted!

[​IMG] NEXT THEME [​IMG]
    Theme: Amusement Park/Theme Park/Fun Park/Fair
    Extra's: none
    Deadline for submitting a photograph:
    Around 25th of September 2007.
    You can already send in your entry if you would like!

[​IMG] RULES [​IMG]
    Please read them very carefully before taking your photograph and submitting it for entry.

1. A photograph may not violate the policy set by this forum, Talk CSI.

2. It’s entirely up to you how you interpret the theme. However the person(s) who make(s) this competition can always reject a submitted photograph.

3. You are only allowed to submit ONE photograph for each theme. However when you think you made a better one after already submitting one and the deadline has not passed you can submit one again. The one submitted before will be deleted.

4. The photograph you submit must be your own work, i.e. it has to have been taken by you. Don’t submit something your friend or family took, or something you found on the internet. It is a very sad and unfair thing to do.

5. Entries must be no larger than 600x480 pixels. If they are, I will ask you to re-size it. I will only accept JPG format files.

6. This competition (like the icon challenges in Fan Art) is an anonymous one – this means you MUST NOT POST YOUR PHOTOGRAPH HERE. If you do, it will be disqualified, otherwise your friends will see it and may vote for it even if there are better photographs submitted. In addition to this, don’t go around telling people which photograph is yours and getting them to vote for it – that is a very sad and lowly thing to do, and the voting for this competition should be unbiased.

If people consistently do not follow these rules, or I see signs of any unfairness, I will not hesitate to stop these competitions. The rules are to make things fair, so please do follow them so everyone can enjoy the competitions. Sometimes some of the rules will be bend a bit when mentioned with the extra of the theme! So be sure to read everything carefully each time.

[​IMG] RULES FOR PHOTO MANIPULATION [​IMG]

1. Additions on your camera; setting manual options, filters, other than the normal lenses, etc are all allowed.

2. Saturation, white balance, colour balance, levels; NOT AFTER taking the photo.

3. Burn, sharpen, borders, filters (editing program filters), layers; Not allowed

4. Cropping; Allowed

5. Rotating; If you have a photo taken with the long side as the height you have to rotate it when it comes from your camera. Of course that 90 degrees rotate is allowed. To put horizons straight and sort of stuff will be considered as manipulation.

Even though most of the manipulation can be done without being noticed. I trust you guys on your honesty! If someone wants to use another tool that is not here on the list you can always ask me if it is allowed or not and I'll add it to this rules list as well.

[​IMG] UPLOAD YOUR PHOTO [​IMG]
    Once you have taken your photograph, you should upload it to your own webspace, such as a Photobucket account, and PM me the link.

[​IMG] WINNERS [​IMG]
    Winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) may each receive a banner, available from me upon request via PM.

[​IMG] THE END [​IMG]
    Any questions, please either post them here, or PM me.
    Thanks and enjoy making your photograph!

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Re: Photography Competition: Water

This should be an interesting theme... can't wait to see what people come up with.

3. SpeedleCSIMiami

SpeedleCSIMiami CSI Level One

I just took my water pic today, so I will be sending it shortly. :)

4. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Same here! Got a few entries already from people that already had sended it in. Will reply to those tomorrow I think. I just found out there is a pretty big photography shop near my house... I think about 1 mile from here. Never even knew that! I'll be checking that one out first thing tomorrow :rolleyes: Gotta love taking photos... To bad I am kinda broke right after the holiday! :lol:

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Sent in my water theme and will be working on the next theme. :)

6. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Have fun at that theme park :p I wish I could go to a theme park. Haven't got the money right now and the weather isn't great either but I love riding roller coasters! Maybe I'll go play my Roller Coaster Tycoon game instead :lol:

7. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

Question: Do you mean by fair also trade fair such as the CeBIT or so?

8. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Fair as in this way: click

I tried to look it up in my dictionairy and it said fair so that's what I typed :p My English is pretty good but some words I just don't know. This was one of them.. :p

googled some: "fun fair" is what I mean! sorry for the lack of my english knowledge and my cheap dictionairy! :lol:

9. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

Can i still enter this one, because i've so i will do it quick??? and in what size do you want them then??

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I think we have until Friday to enter this one. I hope so. I need that much time. :lol:

11. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

Thanks BlueCurl. I am out on this one then, I guess. Have no pics and won't get to see a fair soon. Too bad. :(

BTW... thanks everyone for voting me first place on last one! Congrats to the other winners as well. :) :)

12. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

I'll be gone all friday (school & sports).. (my friday: GMT +1) I'll be checking entries not before my saturday mourning... Not that it is an invitation to send in your entry to late!

@Berylla Nienna: You can enter any competition you like... Size is mentioned in the initial post made in this thread! So is the deadline for sending in photos!

@BonaTaylor: Current comp. is "water". The next one will be about theme/rollercoaster/fun parks, fun fairs and such!

13. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

Yeah, I am with you. Meant that as well. Water I am in, Fair I am out. :)

14. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

I've submitted mine (I think). Did you get the submission, BlueCurl?

15. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I am totally in for the theme park one. :D I got a few already to pick from and might take a few more so I can pick a fave.