Photography Competition:Serie shoot & Abandoned- WINNERS UP!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueCurl, Aug 16, 2007.

1. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

[​IMG] NOTE [​IMG]
    I'll be on a holiday from 20th until 29th of August. So you get two themes that you can both send until I get back! Be sure to read the rules well since I will not be able to send a message back to you if it isn't by the rules. Your entry just won't be accepted if it isn't by the rules. Consider this as the warning that there is a possibility that your photo will not appear in the competition.
    There have been rules set concerning the manipulation of photos. What is excactly allowed and what not.
    There are two current themes because of my holiday.
    There is going to be an "Amusement/Theme Park" theme soon.

[​IMG] CURRENT THEME 1 [​IMG]
    Theme: Serie shoot
    Extra's: You have to make three (3) photographs! Those three will make a serie. This means that those three photographs can hold three different types of content or main subjects. But together they are like a little story. All photos have to be emerged to one file that is not bigger than 600x600 pix. The serie can be about almost anything you want. Some photographic examples: Example 1 | Example 2. But then without the white and black lines between the photos..
    This is a competition that you have to use a photo editing program to emerge the files to one. If you don't have a photo editing program send me the already resized photos with a little description for wich photo has to go where in the file. If you want me to merge the files you have to send them in before Saturday August 18th 2007.
    Deadline for submitting a photograph:
    Friday 31st of August 2007 at 8am GMT (this boards time)
    Late entries won't be accepted!

[​IMG] CURRENT THEME 2 [​IMG]
    Theme: Abandoned
    Extra's: None
    Friday 31st of August 2007 at 8am GMT (this boards time)
    Late entries won't be accepted!

[​IMG] NEXT THEME [​IMG]
    Theme: Water
    Extra's: No oceans, lakes, canals or rivers...
    Around mid September 2007.
    You can already send in your entry.

[​IMG] RULES [​IMG]
    Please read them very carefully before taking your photograph and submitting it for entry.

1. A photograph may not violate the policy set by this forum, Talk CSI.

2. It’s entirely up to you how you interpret the theme. However the person(s) who make(s) this competition can always reject a submitted photograph.

3. You are only allowed to submit ONE photograph for each theme. However when you think you made a better one after already submitting one and the deadline has not passed you can submit one again. The one submitted before will be deleted.

4. The photograph you submit must be your own work, i.e. it has to have been taken by you. Don’t submit something your friend or family took, or something you found on the internet. It is a very sad and unfair thing to do.

5. Entries must be no larger than 600x480 pixels. If they are, I will ask you to re-size it. I will only accept JPG format files.

6. This competition (like the icon challenges in Fan Art) is an anonymous one – this means you MUST NOT POST YOUR PHOTOGRAPH HERE. If you do, it will be disqualified, otherwise your friends will see it and may vote for it even if there are better photographs submitted. In addition to this, don’t go around telling people which photograph is yours and getting them to vote for it – that is a very sad and lowly thing to do, and the voting for this competition should be unbiased.

If people consistently do not follow these rules, or I see signs of any unfairness, I will not hesitate to stop these competitions. The rules are to make things fair, so please do follow them so everyone can enjoy the competitions. Sometimes some of the rules will be bend a bit when mentioned with the extra of the theme! So be sure to read everything carefully each time.

[​IMG] RULES FOR PHOTO MANIPULATION [​IMG]

1. Additions on your camera; setting manual options, filters, other than the normal lenses, etc are all allowed.

2. Saturation, white balance, colour balance, levels; NOT AFTER taking the photo.

3. Burn, sharpen, borders, filters (editing program filters), layers; Not allowed

4. Cropping; Allowed

5. Rotating; If you have a photo taken with the long side as the height you have to rotate it when it comes from your camera. Of course that 90 degrees rotate is allowed. To put horizons straight and sort of stuff will be considered as manipulation.

Even though most of the manipulation can be done without being noticed. I trust you guys on your honesty! If someone wants to use another tool that is not here on the list you can always ask me if it is allowed or not and I'll add it to this rules list as well.

[​IMG] UPLOAD YOUR PHOTO [​IMG]
    Once you have taken your photograph, you should upload it to your own webspace, such as a Photobucket account, and PM me the link.

[​IMG] WINNERS [​IMG]
    Winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) may each receive a banner, available from me upon request via PM.

[​IMG] THE END [​IMG]
    Any questions, please either post them here, or PM me.
    Thanks and enjoy making your photograph!

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Re: Photography Competition: Serie shoot & Abandoned

Cool! I finally got an idea for the serie shot. I have to do that. I like the Abandoned idea too. I have a few thoughts on that one.

3. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Yes, I have a question, since this is my first photography competition I'm entering...Are black and white photos also allowed? They were taken like that.

4. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Welcome to the competition. Can't wait to get your entry! About your question: falls under the first rule of photo manipulation rules mentoined above. That is allowed. As long as you did it on your camera with the settings...

5. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

I've been following the last few photography competitions, just skimming through and reading the themes and stuff mostly. I didn't get any ideas though, and I wanted to see how they worked, I'm pretty sure I understand now.

I have a question though, do we have to put both the themes together? Or are they two separate ones? Can we enter one and not the other?

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Great themes! I've been waiting for a water one *gets impatient*.

I've even got some ideas already for the serie shoot :)

7. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Just a reminder that I'll won't answer any of my PM sended after sunday evening in my timezone. Unless I get to busy packing my stuff on sunday,.. So if you have questions ask them now and don't wait. I'll get back from my holiday in the UK in the night of the 29th. When I have to much fun and some money left I might stick around in France after getting of the boat so don't get to impatient when I don't reply to any of your messages alright?!? And try to help your co-members with questions as well that are about the rules and stuff when you do know how things work and all! Especially help out the newbies hanging around and making a first time effort. The more folks the better and more fun! (well, and more work for me :lol: )

Welcome, Hope to see your entr(y)(ies) soon. Yes, everyone is free to decide which theme they want to take part and which one not. Those mentioned above are seperate themes. I do two different themes now because I'll go on my holiday this Monday! Usually there's just one. Just to keep everybody busy ;)

8. SpeedleCSIMiami

SpeedleCSIMiami CSI Level One

I already have my serie shoot done. I just have to take my abandoned photo and then I will send them to you both. I love these themes.

9. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

From now on there is a big chance that you won't get any PM's back from me or that I won't be active here until I get back from my holiday in about 1,5 - 2 weeks! Have fun photographing in that time :rolleyes:! And help each other out when someone's stuck or comes with a question here in this thread! Maybe I'l be online somewhere tomorrow but don't count on it!

Take Care & Later guys!

- Sonja

10. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Alrighty! I'm leaving in a few. And I won't be around until Friday August 31st in the late evening... So saturday sept 1st! After I get back from my holiday I kinda have to go straight on to my college to show (slap) the newbies around for two days!..

Hope to have some inspiring ideas for themes in the UK. But I'm sure I will! And I'm hoping to have a full PM box when I get back :rolleyes:

11. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

Great! I am in. First in quite a long time. :)

Love all three themes. And can't wait to see the results.

12. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I sent in my Serie shot...not sure I can get the abandoned one done.

13. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

I'm back... sort off... anyways: need a lot more entries... don;t forget to send them in before friday!

off to bed. and then get 4,5 hours of sleep and then 2 days at school showing the newbies around!

14. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

So back from the introduction days at school as well. All those newbies...

I have sended everyone a reply on their photo(s)... I'll extend the submitting time for the serieshoot until Monday September 3rd at 7pm (this boards time) I haven't got much entries for that one sadly!

Again if you want to enter but you cannot merge them yoursef let me know here or by PM!

I'll put the abandoned photos up for voting probably later today!

ETA: whoepsie! I fell asleep with my guinea pig on my bed :p. I'm busy right now to get all the abandoned photos up!

15. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

---- VOTING TIME ----
    You can decide who's the best photographer in this round! Read the rules, watch all the photos and vote!

---- RULES ----
    READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE VOTING:

1) First, and most importantly, please look at ALL of the photographs submitted before deciding on which ones get your vote. All you have to do is click on the link to each photo. This is so everyone has a fair chance of getting a vote and therefore a banner.

2) Don't vote for your own photo - why anyone would want to do such a silly thing is beyond me, but if you do, I will know and your photo will be disqualified from the competition.

3) The same thing applies if you reveal which photo is yours. This competition is an anonymous one.

4) Don't tell your friends which photo is yours so that they'll vote for it - that is a sad and pathetic thing to do, not to mention unfair on all the other competitors.

5) I don't want to see any unnecessary negative comments about any of the photos (i.e. no bashing). There is no need for it.

6) Please only vote for 3 photos.

You should give your first vote to whichever photo you like best, your second vote to whichever photo you like second best etc. It is important that you do it like this. Whoever has the most points at the end of voting wins, with the contestant that has the second highest number of points getting second place, etc.

---- PHOTOS ----

Good luck to all the entrants, and thank you for your photos. Fantastic work guys! Here they all are:

[​IMG]
    Abandoned #01

[​IMG]
    Abandoned #02

[​IMG]
    Abandoned #03

[​IMG]
    Abandoned #04

[​IMG]
    Abandoned #05

[​IMG]
    Abandoned #06

[​IMG]
    Abandoned #07

[​IMG]
    Abandoned #08

[​IMG]
    Abandoned #09

[​IMG]
    Abandoned #10

---- IMPORTANT ----

Please PM me if you don't see your photo! I'll count votes until September 4th at 11am. After that I'll put up the serieshoot photos if I get quit a few more!