Photography Competition: From above - WINNERS UP!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueCurl, Jul 11, 2007.

1. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

---- CURRENT THEME ----
    Theme: From above
    Extra: None
    Deadline for submitting a photograph for this theme:
    - Friday, July 20th 2007 at 1pm GMT+1 (= Amsterdam, Paris, Brussels, Madrid, Rome, Berlin, etc)
    Late entries won't be accepted!

---- NEXT THEME ----
    Theme: you and your camera!
    Extra: You have to be on the photograph with your (favorite) photocamera. This means indeed that you have to make a photograph of yourself. The use of a mirror, your stretched hand, a tripod, the time delay function and so on is allowed! It is not allowed that somebody else pushes the button even when you told that person how to hold the camera! This will be a competition that will not be anonymous. Since it won't be an anonymous one I will enter as well and I will also vote and yes I will be honest counting and voting! It is just this once that it will be a not-anonymous competition! Just so we can see the faces behind the photographers entering each time.
    Deadline for submitting a photograph for this theme:
    - end of July/beginning of August, specific date next photo competition thread!

---- UPCOMING THEMES ----
    No guarantees and in random order:
    - Amusement/Theme Park (extra: will probably occur around september)
    - Serie shoot (extra: will be explained later)
    - CSI (extra: be creative)
    - Abandoned (extra: none)
    You think you can make one up that is better then these... PM me!

---- RULES ----
    Please read them very carefully before taking your photograph and submitting it for entry.

1. It’s entirely up to you how you interpret the theme, although I would advise you not to enter something too abstract that may be considered as having little or no relation to the theme. However the person(s) who make this competition can always dissaprove a submitted photograph when it is not related to the theme or holds dissaproved content.

2. You are only allowed to submit ONE photograph for each theme. However when you think you made a better one after already submitting one and the deadline has not passed you can submit one again. The one submitted before will be deleted. This means that both themes that are mentioned at the beginning can be submited from the moment the theme has been given an (approx.) deadline. Don't forget to mention which theme which photo is for!

3. The photograph you submit must be your own work, i.e. it has to have been taken by you. Don’t submit something your friend or family took, or something you found on the internet. It is a very sad and unfair thing to do.

4. The photograph must NOT be manipulated in any way using Photoshop or any other such program. This competition is about how good a photograph you can take, not about what you can do with an image using Photoshop, etc. That is what the Fan Art forum is for.

5. Entries must be no larger than 600x480 pixels. If they are, I will ask you to re-size it.

6. This competition (like the icon challenges in Fan Art) is an anonymous one – this means you MUST NOT POST YOUR PHOTOGRAPH HERE. If you do, it will be disqualified, otherwise your friends will see it and may vote for it even if there are better photographs submitted. In addition to this, don’t go around telling people which photograph is yours and getting them to vote for it – that is a very sad and lowly thing to do, and the voting for this competition should be unbiased.

If people consistently do not follow these rules, or I see signs of any unfairness, I will not hesitate to stop these competitions. The rules are to make things fair, so please do follow them so everyone can enjoy the competitions. Sometimes some of the rules will be bend a bit when mentioned with the description of the theme!

---- UPLOAD YOUR PHOTO ----
    Once you have taken your photograph, you should upload it to your own webspace, such as a Photobucket account, and PM me the link.

---- WINNERS ----
    Winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) may each receive a banner, available from me upon request via PM.

---- THE END ----
    Any questions, please either post them here, or PM me.
    Thanks and enjoy making your photograph!

2. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Re: Photography Competition: From above

May I ask what this is? Thanks. :)

3. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

always! here it comes...

Serie shoot:

You have to make three (3) photographs! Those three will make a serie. This means that those three photographs can hold three different types of content or main subjects. But together they are like a little story.

Some photographic examples:

Serie one:
    Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3

Serie two:

Serie three:

So yes, this is one that will be a little different then normal again... I probably will ask everyone to fit three photographs in one file though. But I am not sure because I don't know how many people have an advanced program as for example phtotoshop or such!
    Hopes this helps!

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Interesting theme(s). I'm gonna have to think on this one :)

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Oh time to start thinking of what I have and what I want to take!

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

so, the from above competititon is the next one?

7. Bev

Bev Pathologist

Another dumb question about the next theme-you and your camera. How do you take a picture of you and your camera? You need the camera to take the picture. I'm confused.

8. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

The "from above" theme is the current competition. followed by "you and your camera". Both can be send in already though, see the rules I adjusted. this way you have more time to go out there and hunt the theme down ;)

to take you and your camera photo you can use a mirror or a second camera. second camera on a tripod and on time delay for example!

9. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Thank you BlueCurl! :)

10. Bev

Bev Pathologist

Got it! Thanks for the clarification, Bluecurl!

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

thanks Bluecurl

12. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

I have a question.

The "From Above" compation does that mean like skylines and what not?

13. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

There are no extra's specified in the first post so any photograph that holds the theme is fine. You're totally free to interpret the theme the way you want.

Basicly because of no extra's the theme is big and a lot of things could fit into it! Even a photograph of the sky would be fine because that is above, when you put from above you kinda get people to think with your photograph. Uhm sunbeams, if the coulds cooperate though... Rain is from above, so is snow and such... uhm skyline photos... Go stand on someone shoulders and photograph down with your feet and the other persons body, an object photographed from above. I could go on like that :p... Your totally free to decide it :lol: So enjoy making something up or use one of the examples mentioned a few sentences back :lol:

ETA: Some creative examples found on the internet

1 2 3 4

14. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

LOL thanks Blue for clearafying that lol I'll have to see what I come up with,might even try a few of those suggestions (not the one on some1's shoulders tho dont think fiance would like that to much :p )lol this is going to be interesting :D

15. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Have fun either way! Those were just some thing that came to me... I have a weird mind, I know.