Photography Competition: AmusementPark/FunFair - WINNERS UP!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueCurl, Sep 20, 2007.

1. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

[​IMG] CURRENT THEME [​IMG]
    Theme: Amusement Park/Theme Park/Fun Park/Fun Fair/Rollercoaster Park
    Extra's: none
    Deadline for submitting a photograph:
    Saturday 29th of September 2007 at 8am GMT (this boards time)
    Late entries won't be accepted!

[​IMG] RULES [​IMG]
    Please read them very carefully before taking your photograph and submitting it for entry.

1. A photograph may not violate the policy set by this forum, Talk CSI.

2. It’s entirely up to you how you interpret the theme. However the person(s) who make(s) this competition can always reject a submitted photograph.

3. You are only allowed to submit ONE photograph for each theme. However when you think you made a better one after already submitting one and the deadline has not passed you can submit one again. The one submitted before will be deleted.

4. The photograph you submit must be your own work, i.e. it has to have been taken by you. Don’t submit something your friend or family took, or something you found on the internet. It is a very sad and unfair thing to do.

5. Entries must be no larger than 600x480 pixels. If they are, I will ask you to re-size it. I will only accept JPG format files.

6. This competition (like the icon challenges in Fan Art) is an anonymous one – this means you MUST NOT POST YOUR PHOTOGRAPH HERE. If you do, it will be disqualified, otherwise your friends will see it and may vote for it even if there are better photographs submitted. In addition to this, don’t go around telling people which photograph is yours and getting them to vote for it – that is a very sad and lowly thing to do, and the voting for this competition should be unbiased.

If people consistently do not follow these rules, or I see signs of any unfairness, I will not hesitate to stop these competitions. The rules are to make things fair, so please do follow them so everyone can enjoy the competitions. Sometimes some of the rules will be bend a bit when mentioned with the extra of the theme! So be sure to read everything carefully each time.

[​IMG] RULES FOR PHOTO MANIPULATION [​IMG]

1. Additions on your camera; setting manual options, filters, other than the normal lenses, etc are all allowed.

2. Saturation, white balance, colour balance, levels; NOT AFTER taking the photo.

3. Burn, sharpen, borders, filters (editing program filters), layers; Not allowed

4. Cropping; Allowed

5. Rotating; If you have a photo taken with the long side as the height you have to rotate it when it comes from your camera. Of course that 90 degrees rotate is allowed. To put horizons straight and sort of stuff will be considered as manipulation.

Even though most of the manipulation can be done without being noticed. I trust you guys on your honesty! If someone wants to use another tool that is not here on the list you can always ask me if it is allowed or not and I'll add it to this rules list as well.

[​IMG] UPLOAD YOUR PHOTO [​IMG]
    Once you have taken your photograph, you should upload it to your own webspace, such as a Photobucket account, and PM me the link.

[​IMG] WINNERS [​IMG]
    Winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) may each receive a banner, available from me upon request via PM.

[​IMG] THE END [​IMG]
    Any questions, please either post them here, or PM me.
    Thanks and enjoy making your photograph!

2. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Re: Photography Competition: Theme-/Amusement- Park/Fun Fair

I've got 5 photos so far. I need at least 4 or 5 more! Send some in folks! So the effort from some wasn't for nothing!

And uh, don't be shy to say something folks ;) Even if the theme doesn't suit you! Or the whole competition. Or when you;re busy.. Anything. Don't worry to speak up!

3. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Grr!!! Once I get my hands on a new camera...

Can't wait to see the entries!!!

4. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Can't do amusement parks. Don't remember the last time I actually went to one! :lol: Have to do these with pics I already have on cd's because my computer is screwed up and won't accept a camera.

Susan

5. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

I only got a few amusement park photos and they're not so good... if you really need more entries I'll enter, if not I'll hang back and vote. :)

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

We have until Saturday to turn them in, right?? I have some but they did not turn out as clear as I wanted to so I need to go back one day this week to try again. :)

7. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Jups you've got until saturday 29th!

ETA: 6 photos.. need another 3, at least! Come on people! Dig through your old stash or go out and have some fun at a theme park or sometin'! :D

8. Patricia

Patricia Lab Technician

I have an idea...I don't know if it goes or not with the theme but If I can get the weather and a friend to cope with me I'm gonna try... :)
    There's a theme small theme park here but I don't have the time to go... :rolleyes: :(

9. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

Like I mentioned earlier, BlueCurl... I must skip this one. No material at my end at ALL! Sorry... :(

10. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

---- VOTING TIME ----
    You can decide who's the best photographer in this round! Read the rules, watch all the photos and vote!

---- RULES ----
    READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE VOTING:

1) First, and most importantly, please look at ALL of the photographs submitted before deciding on which ones get your vote. All you have to do is click on the link to each photo. This is so everyone has a

fair chance of getting a vote and therefore a banner.

2) Don't vote for your own photo - why anyone would want to do such a silly thing is beyond me, but if you do, I will know and your photo will be disqualified from the competition.

3) The same thing applies if you reveal which photo is yours. This competition is an anonymous one.

4) Don't tell your friends which photo is yours so that they'll vote for it - that is a sad and pathetic thing to do, not to mention unfair on all the other competitors.

5) I don't want to see any unnecessary negative comments about any of the photos (i.e. no bashing). There is no need for it.

6) Please only vote for 3 photos.

You should give your first vote to whichever photo you like best, your second vote to whichever photo you like second best etc. It is important that you do it like this. Whoever has the most points at the

end of voting wins, with the contestant that has the second highest number of points getting second place, etc.

---- PHOTOS ----

Good luck to all the entrants, and thank you for your photos. Fantastic work you guys! Here they all are:

[​IMG]
    Photo #01

[​IMG]
    Photo #02

[​IMG]
    Photo #03

[​IMG]
    Photo #04

[​IMG]
    Photo #05

[​IMG]
    Photo #06

[​IMG]
    Photo #07

[​IMG]
    Photo #08

[​IMG]
    Photo #09

---- IMPORTANT ----

Please PM me if you don't see your photo!

11. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Great work everyone :D

12. Miss_Undercover

Miss_Undercover Judge

13. never_again

never_again Witness

Well done everyone!

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Beautiful photos everyone. It's nice to see amusement parks from around the world!

15. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Great pics everyone!